Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Cool photo-mosaic feature at LibraryThing!

Hey, maybe everybody except me already knew about this, but I haven't been to my LibraryThing account in a while, so I just found out about it. LibraryThing can now construct a mosaic of images of all the books you have in your collection. The set of images is provided in a way that could make it easy to download the covers as icons and use them in other images or tools. What a great idea! I'd like to use them to create a browsable interface to my ebook library.

(You DO have a LibraryThing account, right? If not, go check out http://librarything.com -- it's extremely cool. )

(Note: this is just a sample of my mosaic, sorted by book title. I thought it showed an interesting distribution of my reading interests.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bookmosaic_partial.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	351.8 KB
ID:	31007  
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Hey, maybe everybody except me already knew about this, but I haven't been to my LibraryThing account in a while, so I just found out about it. LibraryThing can now construct a mosaic of images of all the books you have in your collection. The set of images is provided in a way that could make it easy to download the covers as icons and use them in other images or tools. What a great idea! I'd like to use them to create a browsable interface to my ebook library.

(You DO have a LibraryThing account, right? If not, go check out http://librarything.com -- it's extremely cool. )

(Note: this is just a sample of my mosaic, sorted by book title. I thought it showed an interesting distribution of my reading interests.)
Is it the one where you can add only 200 books for free?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Yes, there's a limit of 100 books per year on the free account, but a lifetime account is only $25, with unlimited books. They also have cheap barcode readers for sale at $15 to help scan in one's paper library. With the new multiple-collection feature, I think I may use LT to evaluate how close I am to replacing my full paper library with ebooks.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Yes, there's a limit of 100 books per year on the free account, but a lifetime account is only $25, with unlimited books.
Quote:
What does it cost?

A free account allows you to catalog up to 200 books
I think that was the reason why I choose Goodreads over Librarything.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote