Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-05-2018, 07:38 PM   #1
cynder
cynder began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
voyage ignores DO_FACTORY_RESTORE

hi, everyone

i've searched the threads and haven't found anything quite like this. i have a 2 year old voyage, purchased new and working fine until now. hard restart takes me straight to my library, but the touchscreen is completely non-responsive. the side buttons let me scroll through the library screens to see the various books and collections, but nothing else.

i connected it to PC and created a DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file in the root directory. this has no effect on hard restart, still goes straight to the library page. is there any other way to force a factory reset?

grateful for any suggestions, cynder
cynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:49 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Sounds like it has a hardware issue. The thing I can suggest is to contact Amazon support to see if they have any suggestions.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2018, 08:13 PM   #3
cynder
cynder began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
thanks for the feedback. i should have mentioned that it is out of warranty and amazon's idea of help is to offer me a discount on a new one.
cynder is offline   Reply With Quote