Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-14-2018, 05:57 AM   #1
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Kindle Oasis cover losing charge

I've owned my 1st gen Oasis since November 2016, so it's past its warranty but not yet two years old. Over the last few days the charge cover has been draining of battery very quickly, going from full to almost empty in a day even though the cover is closed and the device isn't on. Aeroplane mode is on too, so it's not being drained by wifi. I don't think it's indexing content that's doing it because I've only added a few books, and it hasn't been a problem before. Is it just some glitch, or is it on its last legs?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Have you checked for indexing? Just in case. I assume you already did a restart on it? I also have that Oasis. I managed to get a 2nd cover for it for really cheap when they sold them for a short time. In my case its not the covers that have the issue but the device. It wont hold much outside of the covers, but as long as I keep it in, I am still good. So I can just switch out the covers and go for another batch of charge. I am just wondering if something is draining down and a restart might help. Could the gauge go out of wack on these things? Like its telling you its going down but isn't?

I don't know anything about batteries much or how they work. Maybe someone else has some idea what to try. I hope for your sake its not kaputt. Now that those covers aren't for sale anymore.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote