Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-05-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
nelsonm
nelsonm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Stylus/touchpen for Aura H2O

Can anyone recommend a good type of stylus/touchpen for a Kobo Aura H20?

I would like to have one because my fingers don't work very well on the touchscreen (they may be too fat ). Turning pages is easy enough but if I want to mark text for highlighting it is just a pain getting it right.

I have tried a couple of types that are really meant for ipads/smartphones (with capacitive displays) but they don't work well with the Aura H20. I've read somewhere that it uses infrared for the touchscreen so that is probably why.

But what should I get instead then?
nelsonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:52 PM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
IR touch screen only needs something to block invisible light beam not too narrow or wide and not damage screen. I have used 7mm plastic end of interdental brush, small cheap water color brush thaI cut off handle to make it 8cm long and a 12.5cm long lipstick brush that retracts to 10cm. They all work equally well. My favorite is always handy fingertip with only downside leaving finger prints on screen.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
This one works pretty well, it has a rubber bulb as the tip. It was this version, actually. Just remember that all you need to do is interrupt the IR beams. Don't push down on the screen, a light touch works best.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 11-05-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura, h20, kobo, stylus, touchpen