Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-03-2021, 10:56 PM   #1
calebcoomer
calebcoomer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Generation)
Unable to Email to Kindle Paperwhite 2015

Hello,

I am running Calibre v5.31.1 attempting to send books to my Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen) and continue to get this error:

socket.gaierror: [Errno 11003] getaddrinfo failed

Things I have done:

The email I have set up in Calibre is listed in my Approved Personal Document E-mail List in my Kindle settings.

Ensured my firewall is not blocking the server,

my antivirus is not blocking calibre,

my GMX email has the appropriate POP3 & IMAP settings,

my GMX email is set as the hostname and username and the password is correct

And my PC is not registering my kindle right now regardless of the USB I use so that is not a work around.

My kindle will receive emails of the same files I have loaded in Calibre if I send them from my gmail account, but not when I try to use the send email function in Calibre. And I have tried using my gmail as the sending address in Calibre, also doesn't work.

Any suggestions are much appreciated, thank you
calebcoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 11:00 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What OS and version
What little you show makes me suspect Firewall blocking (the getaddr).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2021, 11:06 PM   #3
calebcoomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
What OS and version
What little you show makes me suspect Firewall blocking (the getaddr).
Windows 11
21H2
Old 11-03-2021, 11:17 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
getaddrinfo failing means something is blocking calibre or you are using a mail relay server/destination that does not exist. See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 11:25 PM   #5
calebcoomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
getaddrinfo failing means something is blocking calibre or you are using a mail relay server/destination that does not exist. See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
I have gone through all of the suggested steps in that sections of the FAQ page, and I continue to have the same error. I have also made sure my firewall is not blocking access to the Calibre Content Server
Advert
Old 11-03-2021, 11:25 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

you need to unblock calibre.exe not the calibre content server.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:36 PM   #7
calebcoomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
you need to unblock calibre.exe not the calibre content server.
calibre.exe is also not blocked
Old 11-03-2021, 11:43 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Well something is preveting calibre from resolving the dns record for whatever mail server you are using, figure out what that something is, and get it to stop doing that.
Old 11-04-2021, 05:22 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcoomer View Post
calibre.exe is also not blocked
As Kovid stated, something is preventing calibre from resolving the host name you are using for your mail server. The simplest, and honestly, the most likely reason, is that the host name is wrong. If that is correct, then something else is doing it. You should try to resolve it from the command line using dig or nslookup or even just pinging the name. If they don't come back with a valid IP address, then something is blocking you computer and hence calibre from resolving the name. Which basically means you have DNS problems. If any of those come back with a valid IP address, then something is blocking calibre.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 09:57 AM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Hello,

I am running Calibre v5.31.1 attempting to send books to my Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen) and continue to get this error:

socket.gaierror: [Errno 11003] getaddrinfo failed

Things I have done:

The email I have set up in Calibre is listed in my Approved Personal Document E-mail List in my Kindle settings.

Ensured my firewall is not blocking the server,

my antivirus is not blocking calibre,

my GMX email has the appropriate POP3 & IMAP settings,

And my PC is not registering my kindle right now regardless of the USB I use so that is not a work around.

My kindle will receive emails of the same files I have loaded in Calibre if I send them from my gmail account, but not when I try to use the send email function in Calibre. And I have tried using my gmail as the sending address in Calibre, also doesn't work.

Any suggestions are much appreciated, thank you
Quote:

Are you certain you want to set the hostname to your email? I'm not able to look at calibre right now but shouldn't that be the the gmx SMTP server name?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre 5.31.1, calibre email, kindle paperwhite 3, sharing ebooks