Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-05-2021, 02:00 PM   #1
tonynash
tonynash began at the beginning.

Device: 10th Gen Kindle,5.14.1
Saving collections on kindle

I have a 10th gen Kindle and i use calibre to organize my books.
I seem to be unable to sort collections on the Kindle on calibre you save books by series but kindle wants them in collections so i cannot organize them into their series.
tonynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Welcome to devices that seem to go out of their way to block users.

Once upon a time there was a plugin called Kindle Collections and it worked great up thru K4 (you could configure it to what Calibre column to use to control your collection members)
Then the big A made changes, that prevented access to the devices data on newer models.
The PI still works with Calibre 5.x, if you have an antique model.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2021, 08:48 PM   #3
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Welcome to devices that seem to go out of their way to block users.
And to add insult to injury I'll point out that this is why my Kindle collects dust and I only use my Kobo. With the Kobo you get collections, series, and a whole lot more. Look at the top of the screen on the Kobo at time 4:05:

https://youtu.be/CtZBk4jZFvk?t=245

For whatever reason Nate doesn't seem to think that stuff is a big deal; he rated those two ereaders the same. For me their lack is a definite deal breaker.

My Kindle Oasis has essentially the same user interface as my venerable and ancient Kindle Touch.

Last edited by hobnail; 11-05-2021 at 08:52 PM.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 03:47 PM   #4
tonynash
tonynash began at the beginning.

Device: 10th Gen Kindle,5.14.1
Thanks for your response think i am going to just rename books as i put them on Kindle and just keep it down to a few books on there at a time.
tonynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 04:44 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynash View Post
Thanks for your response think i am going to just rename books as i put them on Kindle and just keep it down to a few books on there at a time.
Use the Metadata Plugboard to wedge additional field data into the Title or Author metadata being sent to the device.

This avoids messing with the TRUE Library metadata
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert