Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-19-2015, 01:43 AM   #1
1bonzo2
1bonzo2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 10
Opensuse 13.2, KDE, calibre associated to every unknown filetype

Hi,

didn't know where to post my question elsewhere, figured out it would be bes tio post it in the development area.

There was an similar question a few years ago:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/arc.../t-134305.html
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t...8-start-0.html

It's OK, I can change manually some types I need but is there any solution cailbre doesn't import every unknown mime-type?

OK, after typing the last sentence i wanted to add, looks like every octet-stream is imported to calibre, and i looked at my mime-type preferences and sure as hell, octet-stream was associated to calibre, so any undefined binary will be imported. That's not an behavior I want.
I'll post the question anyway, maybe someone has the same problem. You can delete it if you want.
Thanks, great software !!!
1bonzo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre does not associate itself with any mimetypes at all. All it does is specify which mimetypes it is capable of handling. The rest is upto the desktop environment.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert