Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-26-2024, 01:34 AM   #1276
KomadoriRobin
KomadoriRobin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
From various messages, it appears the person who originally complained about NickelClock and NickelMenu was having issues due to Safari on his Mac computer unpacking the KoboRoot.tgz files. Such an overly helpful program.
Yeah, I’m also on a Mac. There’s a setting which prevents Safari from opening files after download.
KomadoriRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 03:40 AM   #1277
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
How do I better use the reboot function? I used ower:reboot, and it does what it says, but can I do something like a clear screen or similar at the same time? Because right now the device just kind of freezes until I see the boot screen.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 04:27 PM   #1278
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
How do I better use the reboot function? I used ower:reboot, and it does what it says, but can I do something like a clear screen or similar at the same time? Because right now the device just kind of freezes until I see the boot screen.
That is what you would expect from an eInk device. Until the screen is written to, the contents won't change. You could try a toast with rebooting but not sure how well that would work.-
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 04:39 PM   #1279
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
You can use a script to display a message but the way I do it you need to install NickelDBus. The screen still freezes but it freeezes with the message so you know it has actually started the reboot.

NickelMenu config file;
Quote:
menu_item :main :Reboot :cmd_spawn :quiet :/mnt/onboard/.adds/ndbus/NDBus_Reboot.sh
NickelDBus script;
Quote:
#!/bin/sh

ndb_reboot()
{
qndb -m pwrReboot
return
}

qndb -m mwcToast 2500 "Your eReader is rebooting" "Please wait..."
ndb_reboot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_008.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	207840  

Last edited by Rid; 04-26-2024 at 04:50 PM.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 10:22 PM   #1280
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
You can do a toast with a chained NM command too.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:20 AM   #1281
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Yeah I tried that in NickelMenu but I could not get it work.

I believe NickelMenu works how it should as a menu selection option?

Last edited by Rid; Yesterday at 02:22 AM.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel