Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-06-2018, 06:53 AM   #1
JosephWebber
Enthusiast
JosephWebber began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle PW, PW3, Nook HD+
Delete SDR files

Can KOReader automatically delete SDR files when deleting a book?
I thought I once saw a Delete SDR file? message pop up.
JosephWebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 03:12 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
If you hold on a book you can "Purge SDR".
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2018, 07:30 AM   #3
JosephWebber
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't show on mine.
Is this a recent update?
Old 10-07-2018, 09:25 AM   #4
danielr
Enthusiast
danielr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/
danielr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:35 PM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephWebber View Post
Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't show on mine.
Is this a recent update?
It's been in there for a couple of years I believe.

You can also just get the releases from https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases
Advert
Old 10-08-2018, 01:47 PM   #6
JosephWebber
Enthusiast

I took Danielr's link, downloaded the release and unzipped it to my Kindle's root, but when I tried to update it I was told there was no package.
Then I saw Frenzie's link and downloaded it, but when I attached the Kindle to my PC to transfer the file the device wasn't recognised.
It still works OK standalone but I now cannot add books to it.
Help would be very much appreciated!
Old 10-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
KOReader is *NOT* to be installed as an update package.

c.f., the relevant Wiki page for more details.

That said, messing it up shouldn't impair USBMS functionality, unless you did something else.

I'd try rebooting the device first, just to clear things up, though (Home > Menu > Settings > Menu > Restart).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:26 PM   #8
JosephWebber
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply.
To provide a bit more information:
1 The drive letter was recognised but I got "insert disk" or "not ready" messages depending on the explorer.
2 Device manager said the device was working properly.
3 I did a restart and I got a message about a corrupt file (I didn't note all the details), but it continued to function properly offline. But, it didn't improve the PC attachment situation.
However,
I just saw your post so I tried another restart and it went through with no error messages. Also I attached it to the PC and everything was fine! I don't know why the previous restart was unsuccessful.
Having got back to where I was before, I would still like to install the latest release as referenced in Frenzie's post.
As it is a long time since I installed a release: after I unzip the file into the Kindle's root directory how do I make it active?
Thanks for your help.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard

I think the wiki page should have all the relevant info. If something's unclear, please drop @NiLuJe a note.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...s#installation