Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-23-2017, 03:15 PM   #451
bnpssilva
Connoisseur
bnpssilva began at the beginning.

Device: KV, kOA2, KPW1, KPW2, KPW4,KT1, KT3, KT4,kOBOS, Nooks, PRS-T2
Thank you so much, Rashsaga!!!

Just what I was looking for.

Would it be possible to do a quicker refresh ? It's a little bit slow...

But it's great, anyway!
bnpssilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:17 PM   #452
bnpssilva
Connoisseur
bnpssilva began at the beginning.

Device: KV, kOA2, KPW1, KPW2, KPW4,KT1, KT3, KT4,kOBOS, Nooks, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashsaga View Post
I have made a small utility app for Kobo Glo. Named it Kobo Glo Utilility :P

The intention of making this app is to make use of (otherwise useless) light button on Kobo-Glo within Android and to get rid of ghosts/artifacts while reading.

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rovcrfcna9...ility.apk?dl=0

With this app you can:
1. Configure Light button as a manual SCREEN REFRESH button.
OR Configure Light button as BACK button.

2. Additionally configure volume change action for screen refresh.
This may come handy if you prefer keeping light button as BACK (or set as NOTHING, but why would you do that? ) and still make use of manual screen refresh.
(You may use button savior for emulating volume button pressed action).

3. Bonus: Auto disable blinking of power/status LED at startup.

Note:
1. Changing button behavior will come in effect only after a reboot.
2. The refresh screen service should be running to listen for light button/volume event. (automatically runs at startup, if enabled).
3. Changing a button behavior will modify the file mxckpd.kl at system/usr/keylaout.
You might want to make a backup. (Change will persist even if you uninstall the app). You may choose 'NOTHING' to set it do default behavior.

Feedback/Suggestions are welcome ! Open-source-able on request.
This is my first android app.
Thanks everyone for the support!
Thank you so much, Rashsaga!!!

Just what I was looking for.

Would it be possible to do a quicker refresh ? It's a little bit slow...

But it's great, anyway!
bnpssilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2018, 07:32 AM   #453
ionontelodico
ionontelodico began at the beginning.

Device: RichardBiavaQZ
Hi to all.
...is there a way to install Android on GLO HD?
If yes, can you link me the instructions?
Thanks a lot!
ionontelodico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:48 AM   #454
markyisri
Connoisseur
markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionontelodico View Post
Hi to all.
...is there a way to install Android on GLO HD?
If yes, can you link me the instructions?
Thanks a lot!
It should certainly be possible to run Android on the Mark 6 Kobos. However, it will require patches to be made to the Glo HD's kernel.

The older Mark 3 generation was nearly identical to the eReader the Android port came from so it was simple. Depending on how much has changed between Mark 3 and Mark 6 it could be easy or hard to make it work.

If someone would like to take up this job, please say so and I'll be happy to help.
markyisri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:14 AM   #455
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
has anyone managed to use this on kobo touch ORIGINAL????
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2018, 07:53 AM   #456
ionontelodico
ionontelodico began at the beginning.

Device: RichardBiavaQZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyisri View Post
It should certainly be possible to run Android on the Mark 6 Kobos. However, it will require patches to be made to the Glo HD's kernel....
...it could be easy or hard to make it work.

If someone would like to take up this job, please say so and I'll be happy to help.
Hope someone will do this work...
My interest is to synchronize my reading between my phone, tablet and kobo ...
Thanks a lot!
ionontelodico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:53 AM   #457
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember if you DO install Android it would just be syncs between your phone and two Android tablets; the fact one is a Kobo becomes irrelevant

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:44 AM   #458
dlancea
dlancea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Was the 2014-08-07_Android_Kobo_Glo_public.7z file ever uploaded to a legit mirror? The mirrorcreator links are all spam.
dlancea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:15 AM   #459
rashsaga
rashsaga doesn't litterrashsaga doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo, B&N Nook Simple Touch
Link to Kobo Glo image

All the links to android kobo glo newest image are broken, or are spams. Please someone fix it.

Currently the link is this (which is broken):
https://www.mirrored.to/files/0BFNQA...ublic.7z_links

rashsaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:10 AM   #460
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashsaga View Post
All the links to android kobo glo newest image are broken, or are spams. Please someone fix it.

Currently the link is this (which is broken):
https://www.mirrored.to/files/0BFNQA...ublic.7z_links

Thanks for the heads up.
I will fix it when I'm back from vacations (a couple of weeks)
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:52 AM   #461
Snodgrass
Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, nook
Greetings. I think I've read through most of this topic, but couldn't find any mention of how to do this trickery via a Mac. Has anyone achieved this?
Thank you.
Snodgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:36 AM   #462
rashsaga
rashsaga doesn't litterrashsaga doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo, B&N Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
Thanks for the heads up.
I will fix it when I'm back from vacations (a couple of weeks)
Never mind, I needed it because my Kobo Glo stopped booting in android mode, I tried to reflash the dual boot image but it didn't fix the issue either, that's why I asked for the android image for inbuilt SDCard. Finally, I flashed the dual boot version one more time and it worked! You may still fix the link for others to benefit from

On a side-note, did you happen to download an APK I made, named KoboGloUtility.apk? You may read more about it just a few posts back. If you find it useful I would request you add it in the first post of the thread, which features useful apps, I would be glad Thanks!
rashsaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #463
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Well, I re-uploaded all the MirrorCreator's links using MultiFileMirror.
Lets hope that they'll stay up for a while...

Also added the "Kobo Glo Utility" in the Misc App's section.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:53 PM   #464
mutepanda
mutepanda began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've just spent some time trying to follow the instructions to make this work on the Kobo Mini, and have got it booted and up and running.

However, I can't get the Google Account registration working - it just says it failed.
Is that a known issue? Is there a simple thing to do, or am I just out of luck?

Thanks
mutepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #465
honeywhite
honeywhite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura OG, Aura H2O, and Aura 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyisri View Post
No problem everyone. Glad to see a community still revolves around these older ereaders.

BTW incase anyone using a Kobo Aura Edition 2 comes looking,

So we might start to see info on how to get Android working on this newer model.

From what I hear the Kobo Aura One is very similar in hardware, so it'd likely also work with that model.
I am indeed using a Kobo Aura Edition 2. I wonder which eReader this hack originally came from, and if a newer version exists.
honeywhite is offline   Reply With Quote