Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #61
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode View Post
Yes. But promising Internet browsing and then not making it possible... that's fraud. It's like making a notebook and telling the potential customers you can surf the web with it, and the customers then finding out they can't... that they can only write text on it.

I have more trust than that in the Onyx people... and Booxtor.

"I would be very glad if people actually read and understand the comments posted here: the problem is, that the internet-function is rather useless in my case, as I am not able to use it. Even if logged in to the internet I am unable to even search within wikipedia, even less to access other websites. But don't bother further, it is a device for reading and maybe in the future the software will improve..."

This is a quote from this thread by user describing her experience with this reader.

So was she fantasising or did not know how to operate the reader?

So what is your experience with the browsing?
Care to share?
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #62
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
"

".... the problem is, that the internet-function is rather useless in my case, as I am not able to use it. Even if logged in to the internet I am unable to even search within wikipedia, even less to access other websites. But don't bother further, it is a device for reading and maybe in the future the software will improve..."

This is a quote from this thread by user describing her experience with this reader.

Care to share?
It works OK, in my case. The key to the success is to read the manual... Entering internet link is not very intuitive in Onyx interface, but it works.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #63
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
Following MatthiasR.'s instructions, this is how I got to the Google page and searched on it:

Home > Web Sites > Wiki > www icon (bottom right) > keyboard icon > google.com > OK > keyboard icon > (type in search word) > hit link of choice >

From the found website, to return to the Google page to do a new search:

Hit the page back arrow > back on the Google page hit the large word "Google" on the left top > keyboard > etc.

Questions about the M92:
1. How does one bookmark a website?
2. How does one use the equivalent of a space bar? (Not the one in Star Wars.)

PS:
I just found out how to bookmark:
Once on-line > hit the small (menu?) icon on the left bottom > Tools > + Add Bookmark.
To find it back and use it:
Once on-line > hit icon left bottom > Tools > Show Bookmarks > hit the URL.

I've still not found an answer to question 2.

(I feel like a baby learning to crawl...)

Last edited by Lode; 01-27-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #64
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur
LovePlanetEarth began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 Black (Finally!!!)
Hey guys!

I think you are a bit off the topic!

I suggest that the discussion about internet browsing is moved to a separate thread about Internet Browsing on M92.
This would help others to solve their problems with Browsing on M92.
LovePlanetEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #65
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur
LovePlanetEarth began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 Black (Finally!!!)
Also,

Some of you shared your experience about Boox M92, why don't you copy your posts to the Thread "Onyx Boox M92 sample has arrived. First imression - I love it!"
LovePlanetEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #66
Marcela K
Marcela K began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
"I would be very glad if people actually read and understand the comments posted here: the problem is, that the internet-function is rather useless in my case, as I am not able to use it. Even if logged in to the internet I am unable to even search within wikipedia, even less to access other websites. But don't bother further, it is a device for reading and maybe in the future the software will improve..."

Care to share?
Listen, I know how to use the device and the internet-problem seems to have to do with the software on MY device, not a general m92-problem. others can access the internet pretty well. The problem still is the support. On Onyx-international-Homepage I cannot find any possibility for contact, so I cannot even ask for support. At Onyx Boox, where it was bought (it was a present, though) they are rather useless in helping, and in this forum people honestly question my ability to deal with the reader and hold me for stupid. Thanks a lot.
Marcela K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #67
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
You should describe your problem more precisely: What does it mean that you can't access other websites? You type in the URL and after clicking on "OK" the website doesn't load or what?

On Wikipedia: Did you try first tapping with the stylus on the search field and then on the keyboard icon in the lower right corner and tapping on some letters on the appearing on-screen-keyboard?

Which version of firmware are you using? When did you buy your device?

EDIT: Maybe you can take a video of your M92's wrong behavior?

Last edited by tuxor; 03-19-2012 at 09:45 AM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #68
Marcela K
Marcela K began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
You should describe your problem more precisely: What does it mean that you can't access other websites? You type in the URL and after clicking on "OK" the website doesn't load or what?

On Wikipedia: Did you try first tapping with the stylus on the search field and then on the keyboard icon in the lower right corner and tapping on some letters on the appearing on-screen-keyboard?

Which version of firmware are you using? When did you buy your device?

EDIT: Maybe you can take a video of your M92's wrong behavior?
Thanks, funny enough it has finally started working after resetting the router (mind: i had done that before x times, but apparently the upgrade to the newest firmware INCLUDING the re-setting of the router did the job with the connectivity-issue i had, described by someone else in this forum) and deleting all cookies. the problem had been manyfold: when entering websites they just did not load - nothing happened at all. and the keyboard also did not show up when clicking on the sign, so i could not use the search-function (or any other function) within websites. and yes, i had calibrated the pen! so, while i know now what was the problem that the device was not connecting to the w-lan in the beginning, i don't know what solved the problem with the websites not loading and the keyboard not showing up. But: thanks again for your quick reply!
Marcela K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #69
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
I experience strange browser behavior when the wifi connection fails while I'm surfing. That means: I click on the browser icon, the software establishes a wifi connection, I go to a certain website and stay there for some minutes. If the wifi connections crashes now (in background), the browser will show really strange behavior especially what you said: when you enter a website into the URL field and click on "OK" nothing happens.

The only way to determine whether the wifi connection is still up and running now is to quit the browser application: If you are asked, whether or not to kill the wifi connection, the wifi was running. If this question does not appear, the wifi connection already crashed in background.

One scenario that's likely to make the wifi connection crash silently: While you're browsing press the on/off button (not long) so that the screensaver image appears. When you wake up your M92 now, your wifi connection _might_ have crashed and you will be confronted with the strange browser behavior...

Of course, you can make your wifi connection crash much easier by powering off your router or by going away far enough so that the wifi signal won't reach your M92.

Last edited by tuxor; 03-19-2012 at 11:23 AM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #70
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
yes i have had to do that yesterday with my Boox 60. it "froze" on a web page meaning the browser had crashed. i did the on off button trick to put in in sleep and then woke it up and all was right again(of course i had to restart the wifi connection)
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx m92, onyx support, wifi