Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 10-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #1
JP91306
JP91306 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question DIFFERENCE Between Server & Wireless Behavior

I am not precisely certain HOW to ask this, but I will try:

I have successfully used the SERVER feature with several devices. ALL GOOD.

I decided to try the WIRELESS connection feature and set it up to connect.

I was able to "see" it, and log into it from my iPad. Good...but...

Only a small portion of the actual catalog was visible when using the WiFi connection, and ALL the catalog was there using the SERVER feature. I experimented with the filter choices but it was clear that only about 100 or so books from a catalog of nearly 4000 was accessible.

I suspect there is some switch or choice I have failed to make correctly, but I don't know where to look or what to change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

jp
JP91306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A
I suspect that you have CC set to only accept certain formats, so what you see meets the filters 'allowed'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:11 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A
CC only shows books that match whats on the device when in Wireless device. You can PUSH more fron calibre (just like with a USB cable)

OTOH Server shows the (permitted) Library and you can PULL books
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote