Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-28-2018, 07:31 AM   #346
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
Can someone add an option to match entries in library using id instead of title/author?
What id? If you are talking about the id that calibre uses internally, it isn't something I'm interested in adding.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:40 AM   #347
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
Can someone add an option to match entries in library using id instead of title/author?
{id} by itself, is unreliable as a matching because it can change between Libraries for a number of reasons (repair: being one, Copy To Library: another).

I used to include {id} in my template when I transferred to my device, then I hit both examples above and ended up with a ton of Dups
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:27 AM   #348
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What id? If you are talking about the id that calibre uses internally, it isn't something I'm interested in adding.
I was actually talking about identifiers (e.g. identifier:isbn)
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:14 PM   #349
Bluez
Bluez began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10 Tablet
I've picked up a weird problem trying to import dates with this plugin.
I'm trying to organize some weekly magazines. I first exported a line to csv to get the format for the date columns (yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss+02:00).
Then I adjusted the day in the formula to 01.
When importing the data back into Calibre, it refuses to import the 1. It keeps on changing it either to the 31st or to the 2nd.
I've tried playing around with the hours part, but no luck - tested it from 0 to 23.
Any idea why this would be?
Bluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:21 AM   #350
Archeologist
Archeologist began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
problem when importing from csv file

Hi everyone,
I've a problem importing a csv file of my previous list of e-books. At the first step, I chose the right columns for the author, title, and some other custom fields, but the "next" button is not clickable... I really don't know why... i already tried with various formats of csv files, tab files, txt files but the situation is always the same.

Thank you in advance!
Archeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:45 AM   #351
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does the preview show? If not, you need to press the "Preview" button. If the preview is showing, are any missing the author or title? I have seen this before, and I think that was the problem. One of these was missing for a book. When it was fixed, the file could be imported.

Otherwise, can you post a screen shot? That might show it. It would also be good to see the CSV file. If you don't want to post that publicly, upload it somewhere and send me a PM with the link.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:40 AM   #352
Archeologist

Thank You davidfor!
I see the preview, I'll check later if something is missing inthe fields and I'll let you know!
Old 02-26-2019, 03:01 AM   #353
Archeologist

Hi davidfor, All done! Some author was missing and now I've completed the import procedure without any problem.

Thank You again!
Old 03-23-2019, 07:09 AM   #354
r_mcgee
r_mcgee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app
I am using this to import from a webpage. It has been working fine for some time now. I haven't changed anything but now I'm getting an error.
Quote:
calibre, version 3.40.1
ERROR: Failed to download page: Failed to download page:
<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)>
I have gone to the webpage in my browser and have no issues.
I can also go to a members page and import their individual stories from the same site. Doing this also results in the same error.

So how can I get the certificate to update? Or why is mine not updating? Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks
--R
r_mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:41 AM   #355
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_mcgee View Post
I am using this to import from a webpage. It has been working fine for some time now. I haven't changed anything but now I'm getting an error.

I have gone to the webpage in my browser and have no issues.
I can also go to a members page and import their individual stories from the same site. Doing this also results in the same error.

So how can I get the certificate to update? Or why is mine not updating? Any thoughts or ideas?
If you are using Windows, visiting the site using IE or Edge or whatever MS is calling it is usually enough. That will usually update the certificates. I don't know how to do this on other OSes. But, as search of the forum should turn it up as it has hit various sites for different reasons.

If that doesn't do it, I need to know what site it is so I can look at what is happening.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:23 AM   #356
r_mcgee
r_mcgee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If you are using Windows, visiting the site using IE or Edge or whatever MS is calling it is usually enough. That will usually update the certificates. I don't know how to do this on other OSes. But, as search of the forum should turn it up as it has hit various sites for different reasons.

If that doesn't do it, I need to know what site it is so I can look at what is happening.
Ok I use Firefox to actually use the internet. So I went into edge and went to the webpage I need and that seems to have updated the certificate.

As a side note is it possible to have the plugin look at firefox certificates for webpages?

Also is there anything I can do about the window resizing and moving slightly every time I open it?

Last edited by r_mcgee; 03-23-2019 at 11:31 AM.
r_mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:45 PM   #357
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_mcgee View Post
Ok I use Firefox to actually use the internet. So I went into edge and went to the webpage I need and that seems to have updated the certificate.

As a side note is it possible to have the plugin look at firefox certificates for webpages?
Not that I know of. Most applications will be using the OSes certificate store. I don't know if changing that in the plugin is possible, but, I really don't think it is worth the effort.
Quote:
Also is there anything I can do about the window resizing and moving slightly every time I open it?
I doubt it. It is almost definitely in the code that stores or restores the window. I'll put it on my TODO list to look at it, but, I can't promise when I'll get to it.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:36 PM   #358
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Not sure if this is possible, but is there a way of importing into a long text column without overwriting what is already in it?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:24 PM   #359
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Not sure if this is possible, but is there a way of importing into a long text column without overwriting what is already in it?

Job Spy's tool Import CSV to update Metadata always appends to the bottom of comments-like custom columns. You have JS already.

Show Tooltip
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:47 AM   #360
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta for calibre beta

For anyone that is trying the new calibre beta, this plugin will not work. This is due to a change in the calibre. The attached beta fixes this problem.

This beta will work with the released version of calibre, but, some of the predefined web lists will not. I'll have a think about how to handle this so, but, I might have to stop supporting older versions of calibre.

Last edited by davidfor; 04-29-2019 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Remove beta as update has been released.

Tags
column types