Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 09-25-2020, 05:38 PM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Fall audiobook clear-out!

I've just been going through my "pile" of audiobooks and zapping dozens of them into the ether. I started with my SYNC books, eliminating more than half of them that I have absolutely no interest in ever reading (but they were FREE!). It was QUITE satisfying.

I still need to go through a lot of the freebies I indiscriminately acquired from Random House and Tantor when they were being generous. I'll probably weed out a lot of Audible books as well, though of course those deletions won't be permanent.

It's somewhat time-consuming, since I look up each title before disappearing it or saving it, but it will make it easier in the future to find which books I actually want to read.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:49 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
That's why I use calibre for my audiobooks. I also use the book app with categories (Audible added categories a few months ago). I have one category called up_next that has 5 or 6 books that I know I want to listen to and another category called unread that I put all my books I haven't listened to yet.

I'm a lot more ruthless about discarding audiobooks (from the unread stack, I don't actually remove them from my computer) than I am with ebooks.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2020, 10:47 AM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
That's why I use calibre for my audiobooks. I also use the book app with categories (Audible added categories a few months ago). I have one category called up_next that has 5 or 6 books that I know I want to listen to and another category called unread that I put all my books I haven't listened to yet.

I'm a lot more ruthless about discarding audiobooks (from the unread stack, I don't actually remove them from my computer) than I am with ebooks.
It wasn't a question of organization; it was a question of clutter. I was never going to read some of the freebies; even a bunch of the ones I kept are iffy, but at least possible.

My audiobooks are fairly well organized without Calibre--I keep them all in the same folder with subfolders by author.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:54 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
My audiobooks are fairly well organized without Calibre--I keep them all in the same folder with subfolders by author.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 05:01 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I've been keeping my audios in two folders, "probably" and "maybe" (more or less).
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2020, 08:39 AM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
It wasn't a question of organization; it was a question of clutter. I was never going to read some of the freebies; even a bunch of the ones I kept are iffy, but at least possible.

Isn't organization how one handles clutter? I guess there are those self help books that say that you should throw out anything you haven't used in the last week, or some such thing, but I never bought into that philosophy. I'm by nature a packrat. I did throw out most of my VHS tapes a couple of years ago.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:14 AM   #7
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Isn't organization how one handles clutter? I guess there are those self help books that say that you should throw out anything you haven't used in the last week, or some such thing, but I never bought into that philosophy. I'm by nature a packrat. I did throw out most of my VHS tapes a couple of years ago.
Unless you start tossing stuff when you organize, you're just rearranging clutter. I'm also a pack rat by nature. I still keep way more stuff than most people would, but I've made myself let go of a lot.