Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2022, 05:18 AM   #481
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mietek81 View Post
Hi
After upgrade to this version I noticed something very new and suprising.
The interface of my device changed to my native language which is polish. I do have CurrentLocale and ExtraLocales both set to "pl".
Translation is not perefect but almost everything is nicely done. Major mistake is with "on" and "off" options in menu which are translated as "W dniu" ("on day" in english) and "Zniżki" (probably from something like "50% off price") while it should be "Włączone" ("turned on") and "Wyłączone" ("turned off"). The captions sometimes don't fit in the space intended for them and menu fonts don't have some polish characters so fallback font is used which looks ugly (but we can deal with this by uploading different fonts in place of Georgia and Avenir by a kobopatch)
There is no option for polish language in menu after upgrade (checked this on vanilla device) but setting ExtraLocales to pl in config file is enough to get Extra: pl and choosing it changes the language to polish. It can be of course changed back to any other officially supported language and changed again to polish.
It looks like the polish version is being prepared but is not fully tested yet and therefore unofficial and unavailable.
Have anybody else noticed something like that with their language not officialy supportded by Kobo?
I'd suggest contacting Kobo with this issue. Solve this for everyone including yourself.
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:30 AM   #482
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Cathcart View Post
I'd suggest contacting Kobo with this issue.
Kobo has not announced official support for the Polish language. So, it's not a fact that there will be any reaction to the appeal, except for the standard unsubscription.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:51 AM   #483
mietek81
Connoisseur
mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Kobo has not announced official support for the Polish language. So, it's not a fact that there will be any reaction to the appeal, except for the standard unsubscription.
Indeed. But it won't hurt to try as apparently Kobo is preparing new localizations.

Is the kobopatch the best way to upload modified translation file?
mietek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:11 AM   #484
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Is the kobopatch the best way to upload modified translation file?
Yes, I would change it with the help of a kobopatch. At the moment, this is the best way.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 06:54 AM   #485
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
The interface of my device changed to my native language which is polish.
(How) is the Polish hyphenation working with the locale set to PL?

Last edited by Buhaj47; 05-22-2022 at 06:58 AM.
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:57 PM   #486
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Question: How do i preserve the reading stats when i rollback and downgrade my firmware? Can the ereader.conf file of 4.32 be copied and pasted on 4.30fw?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 08:43 PM   #487
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Question: How do i preserve the reading stats when i rollback and downgrade my firmware? Can the ereader.conf file of 4.32 be copied and pasted on 4.30fw?
Why do you want to go back to 4.30 from 4.32?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 08:51 PM   #488
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why do you want to go back to 4.30 from 4.32?
Random freezes in reading books. So annoying
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 09:17 PM   #489
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Random freezes in reading books. So annoying
On your new Libra or the old one? Because I'm not seeing this on my Libra 2 (4.32).
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:13 PM   #490
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Just installing 4.30 over 4.32 should be safe. That will retain the database. If you need to do a factory reset, then you will lose the database and hence the stats.

Copying the "Kobo eReader.conf" will not help for stats. It has the configuration. Keeping it will mean you don't need to do some of the setup after a factory reset. But, you will still need to sign in.

If you are a calibre user, you can use my Kobo Utilities plugin to store the reading status of books and later restore this. It doesn't restore the stats, such as time spent reading, but, it does mark books as read or being read.

I am curious about the freezes when reading. I haven't seen anything myself that was different than earlier firmware. I have noticed a few times where the buttons on my new Sage do not do anything. Tapping the screen works and after that the buttons work again. But, that is a problem that has been reported by others with older firmware as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:30 AM   #491
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
On your new Libra or the old one? Because I'm not seeing this on my Libra 2 (4.32).
I too am not seeing random freezing with my Libra 2 and 4.32 I am reading ePub.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:16 AM   #492
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
H2O original, Libra Original, Sage N778, Elipsa all OK. Maybe a faulty book? I had book freezing on attempting to go from last story page to end matter. Deleting the end matter in Calibre (actually the bizarre Gutenberg licence) fixed it.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:22 AM   #493
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Copying the "Kobo eReader.conf" will not help for stats.
Not sure, I think the stats might be in BookReader.sqlite

That's one of the reasons I wanted to back it up with the rest of the files.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:29 AM   #494
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
The stats are in KoboReader.sqlite. I forgot the exact table name, but I've copied it between databases before.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:47 AM   #495
BiliBug
Connoisseur
BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage (Formerly KKB, PW1, PW3, KV, OA3)
While we are on the subject of stats, is there a way to retain stats for books that have been completed and deleted from the device? When I delete the book, the stats show "0" books read, although I've read several since I reloaded my library. If I don't delete the book from the device, it shows as 1 book read.
BiliBug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release