Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 04-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
djgreedo
Addict
djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, HP Touchpad (Android), Samsung Omnia 7
Guerber, H.A.: Myths of the Norsemen. v0.1. 11 April 2009

Here is an .lrf I created of "Myths of the Norsemen" by H.A. Grueber.

It's public domain.

I took the .txt file from the Internet Archive and formatted it with Word and Book Creator. I have done a lot of formatting and correction of the original file (the .txt seemed to be an unproofed OCR of the scanned pages). I did a spell check of the whole book and verified all name spellings (including the weird Norse letters) with a physical copy of the book I have.

I have only added the first few pictures, but I intend to add all pictures from the PDF available at Archive.org at some point. I removed the index as it is redundant in an ebook.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf H. A. Guerber - MYTHS OF THE NORSEMEN.lrf (800.6 KB, 558 views)

Last edited by djgreedo; 04-11-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Spelled the author's name wrong!
djgreedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgreedo View Post
I removed the index as it is redundant in an ebook.
How so?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
djgreedo
Addict
djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, HP Touchpad (Android), Samsung Omnia 7
Well, not so much redundant...more like too difficult to implement well, and the search ability does a good job of replacing one of its primary functions.

I plan to add a glossary though, and once I'm finished with the text and images I'll try to do a linked index (hyperlinks instead of page numbers), but that would be a lot of work, and I think for the most part searching will do an adequate job of replacing the index for all but the most serious scholars.

I wonder if it's worth adding links to each proper noun to view its glossary entry once I've done it...
djgreedo is offline   Reply With Quote