Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-14-2024, 12:10 AM   #406
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I gotta say... even though I personally use Kobos, I have recommended Kindles to a number of people for whom I thought it would meet their needs better. I might have to stop doing that, if there's any chance they'll fall into the group of people affected by this.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 09:21 AM   #407
jlinear
Connoisseur
jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Aura One, Libra 2, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
My point in bringing this up being, you can't always call an entire company a dog because of the actions of some of its employees.
I'm not sure Amazon deserves the benefit of the doubt in this matter. Makes me wonder if the Kindle developers at Amazon bother to use their own product. Why on a Kindle must I use FONT_RAMP to adjust font size in a reasonable manner? Why on a Kindle must I use Calibre to make the margin and line-height adjustments I prefer? Have Kindle engineers never pickup up a Kobo ereader and noticed how their Kindle software sucks in comparison? They make improvements at a snails pace. It has been obvious for some time that the Kindle developers just don't care. And they are displaying the very same attitude in this matter.
jlinear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 09:34 AM   #408
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The original 2007 kindle had obsolete format and rendering on release and only latin-Roman support. A problem solved more than 10 years earlier on the Linux used.

Kindle ebook sales is very low down on Amazon's income. The ereaders even lower.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote