Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-23-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Amazon is Doing their TRADE-IN Special

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_lin...d_i=B01N38LSS1

In ADDITION to the Regular Trade-in value Amazon is Adding $20 to it when you buy another Kindle!

Regular Trade-in Value is $5 to $35 Depending on Device & Condition... Amazon will Take off another $20 when you use the money for a New Kindle.

Last edited by Barbara1955; 05-25-2017 at 05:28 AM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:49 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
UP TO $35
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2017, 08:53 AM   #3
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Also, if you have multiple kindles, you can combine the offers through customer service to apply to a single kindle. That's how I bought my Voyage.

I regretted trading in my old basic 6 inch kindle, but the new basic with the Bluetooth option for text-to-speech was totally worthy for me due to vision issues.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:49 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Also, if you have multiple kindles, you can combine the offers through customer service to apply to a single kindle. That's how I bought my Voyage.
Now that is interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I regretted trading in my old basic 6 inch kindle, but the new basic with the Bluetooth option for text-to-speech was totally worthy for me due to vision issues.
If by "old basic 6 inch kindle" you mean the original Kindle Touch, you already had TTS.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:10 PM   #5
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
up to $35 for a trade in. if the device is non-functioning, you at least get something for it.

but at this price point, i would rather just give a perfectly functioning, however outdated, device to someone who can use it.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2017, 04:05 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To each his own.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:48 PM   #7
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
To each his own.
Many times the joy is in giving!
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #8
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
If you have someone to pass something down to, I don't. But my issue is letting go of my precious kindles. . Wouldn't get anything for the K1 in any case, my K3 still works. My basic kindle I would never give up as its the last one made with buttons. Now only the Oasis has buttons.

But if someone isn't attached to their kindles and has a few and wants to update, its a great deal.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:09 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Like selling a used car to a friend passing on a electronic item is a Rx for loosing a friend when something goes wrong!
Trade it in then use the money to buy the Friend a Brand New Reader ... that's my moto & I sticking to it
Old 05-27-2017, 08:30 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Like selling a used car to a friend passing on a electronic item is a Rx for loosing a friend when something goes wrong!
Trade it in then use the money to buy the Friend a Brand New Reader ... that's my moto & I sticking to it
Well if you lose the friend over an electronic device, then they were not much of a friend to begin with.

I have met people like the one you described. Friend is not the word I would use.

Oh so now you are saying that we should just buy our friends new things even if we don't get enough money to buy one new so as not to offend a so-called friend.

If a friend offered me a used device, clothes they outgrew or kitchen stuff, I would be grateful. If it later broke or I outgrew it, I wouldn't blame the friend.
*Adding I don't need any devices or kitchen stuff or clothes.
Though my devices are used, my kitchen stuff is mostly used or hand-me-downs.
Clothes used to be hand me downs until I got to a normal weight for me.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:07 PM   #11
snoo
snoo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage, Kindle DXG, iPad pro
kindle 4 trade in for $10 I'll keep it
snoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:13 PM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoo View Post
Sounds like a plan.

Evidently Amazon does not want that model, because:
People will not pay any attention to anything less than $20.
(Which is why all the junk that is force fed to the public is priced at: $19.95, they know people will just throw it away rather than return it, trying to get their money back.)
Old 05-29-2017, 09:28 PM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoo View Post
Buy a New Kindle you get another $20 off the Price... You have till the end of the year to buy. $30 Total + If the kindle goes on sale that another Savings!
Old 05-30-2017, 02:26 PM   #14
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:

I "give", not "sell" my used and often like new electronics to friends and haven't lost a friend yet. They are very appreciative and I doubt would blame me if the device eventually failed.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:50 PM   #15
kaibob
Connoisseur
kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Four months ago I traded in my PW1 and received a $50.00 Amazon gift card, which was credited to my account. The Kindle did not include special offers and this may have had something to do with the price received. I checked yesterday and I am eligible for the $20.00 discount on a new Kindle.
kaibob is offline   Reply With Quote