Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 02-03-2017, 09:27 PM   #31
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
They should. Then maybe we wouldn't have a nation full of ignoramuses who can't focus on anything that's more complex than a tweet or a meme.
We also have a nation quite full of very smart people. And we have a hefty compliment of judgmental folks who think they know what's best for everyone.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:16 AM   #32
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
They should. Then maybe we wouldn't have a nation full of ignoramuses who can't focus on anything that's more complex than a tweet or a meme.
The ability to focus on one task does seem to be a bit of a lost art these days. It's not uncommon for me to see my teenage niece with the TV on, listening to music on her iPhone, doing social media on her iPad, all at the same time. But then again, I think that at least a segment of the population has always been "multitaskers". It's just that now it's accepted as a positive rather than a negative. It's very common to at work to be on a teleconference call, have someone ask someone else a question, and get "what was the question? I was multitasking" in response. (which of course translates to "I wasn't paying attention")
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote