Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-11-2020, 06:44 AM   #1
chrubble
chrubble began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Check All Books in Library

Hi,

Is it possible to run a check on a library to see if there is a book in each folder (epub/mobi/pdf/awz) as I tried to open a couple of older titles recently and the only file in the library folder was the opf metadata file - so these appeared in my Calibre library but can't be read.

I've looked at extensions to do this but can't find one. Essentially I want to run a process to check that a book exists for every entry in the library and flag up any that have not ebook file.

I have 2500 titles in the library, so I can't do it manually.

Thanks!
chrubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:09 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Right click on the library icon and select Library Maintenance > Check Library. That will allow you to check your library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:23 AM   #3
chrubble
chrubble began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thanks @JSWolf - I had run that previously but not clicked through to the second stage that shows the issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Right click on the library icon and select Library Maintenance > Check Library. That will allow you to check your library.
chrubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Phase 1 checks the DB structures DATA is still proper (and it cleans dead-deleted records)
Phase 2 checks that the data matches the LIBRARY structure (the linkage to files it thinks are there, really are. This is a common breakage when the users use the OS to do things with the book files)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 01:16 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
An simpler answer would be to enter formats:false in the search bar. This will return all library entries that do not have a format.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:03 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
An simpler answer would be to enter formats:false in the search bar. This will return all library entries that do not have a format.
That only tells you for the ones ('empty book' ) known as it uses the DB.
If someone has been messing beneath the skirts , those results will not be accurate
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If someone has been messing beneath the skirts , those results will not be accurate
Yes, the search won't return any results if the database is not aware that something is missing (for example, if you deleted the formats from the library folder manually, bypassing the UI).
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:40 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yes, the search won't return any results if the database is not aware that something is missing (for example, if you deleted the formats from the library folder manually, bypassing the UI).
I prefer using formats:false as well as the database check. The database check will not return library entries where the entry is legitimately empty which is what formats:false returns. Generally where I've created an empty entry and then never added the book to that entry but also a few times where I got enthused with removing books using one of the limited remove options.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 04:19 PM   #9
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I prefer using formats:false as well as the database check. The database check will not return library entries where the entry is legitimately empty which is what formats:false returns. Generally where I've created an empty entry and then never added the book to that entry but also a few times where I got enthused with removing books using one of the limited remove options.
Of course. It depends on what exactly you want to check. I've used both also.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 11:30 PM   #10
Saleemnoori
Saleemnoori began at the beginning.

Device: Desktop
Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Thank you
Saleemnoori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check, files missing, library