Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-05-2018, 03:24 PM   #436
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
How to import all books from Calibre in one shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimapourkarimi View Post
Go to calibre's preferences > sharing over the net > advanced > Maximum number of books in OPDS feed > enter any number you want.
Just want to point out that you may find a detailed answer with screenshots to this question in
How to import all books from Calibre in one shot?
since calibre version 2.56 was released over 2 years ago.

Last edited by sbaylor; 11-06-2018 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo in title
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:11 AM   #437
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaylor View Post
Hi, I'm back with MapleRead 3.0, just announced today.

For the latest updates, please see What's New.

Let us know which new 3.0 features are most useful to you personally.

Thanks!
Quote:
Go to calibre's preferences > sharing over the net > advanced > Maximum number of books in OPDS feed > enter any number you want.
@nimapourkarimi: I'm curious about your silence so far regarding the new PDF operations supported by MapleRead SE 3.0:
MapleRead SE suports PDF text operations like those of EPUB, including note highlighting, vocab, search, define and translate

as you have asked about these features several times from March to October, and you're still active at this forum.
Advert
Old 11-06-2018, 04:55 AM   #438
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad mini 3, Kindle PW2
Quote:
@nimapourkarimi: I'm curious about your silence so far regarding the new PDF operations supported by MapleRead SE 3.0:
MapleRead SE suports PDF text operations like those of EPUB, including note highlighting, vocab, search, define and translate

as you have asked about these features several times from March to October, and you're still active at this forum.
Yes @sbaylor, the reason is I updated Mapleread last night and played with it just a few hours ago, and thank you so so much. All my problems are over, all my books in one place, PDF text operation and multi color highlighting made Mapleread my number 1 ebook reader.
nimapourkarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #439
enaid1
enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iPhone
Is there any chance iCloud is going to be added as a cloud depository for MapleRead?
enaid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #440
brad382
brad382 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 12.9" (3rd Generation)
MapleRead 3.0 compatibility with the new iPad Pros

Mr. Baylor,

Thanks for all the great enhancements you’ve made to MapleRead SE !

The reason I haven’t contacted you lately is because our company was waiting to purchase the new iPad Pro 12.9” tablets released this week. These iPads no longer have a home button and feature a thinner bezel.

We now have several of the new iPad Pros running ios 12.1.

Unfortunately, it appears that MapleRead SE 3.0 does not display properly with the new iPad Pros.

In both Portrait and Landscape modes, the MapleRead SE screen does not center correctly and either the top, bottom, or sides are not visible, thus rendering toolbars inaccessible and the app unusable.

This is heartbreaking to us, as we had all been waiting patiently for these new iPads with our first goal to do some serious reading in MapleRead SE !

You have by far the best and most elegant epub/PDF reader in the marketplace.

Please let us know when it will be compatible with the 3rd Generation 12.9” iPad Pros running ios 12.1.

THANK YOU.

Last edited by brad382; 11-09-2018 at 11:58 PM.
brad382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #441
sbaylor
Addict

It turns out that MapleRead 3.0 was submitted to App Store just before the new iPad Pro and the new Apple development tool were available. Now built with the new development tool, MapleRead works as expected on all iOS device models again.

MapleRead 3.0.1 has been submitted to App Store for approval, and should be available on the App Store soon.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #442
sbaylor
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaid1 View Post
Is there any chance iCloud is going to be added as a cloud depository for MapleRead?
Yes, this will be considered.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #443
sbaylor
Addict

Quote:
Yes @sbaylor, the reason is I updated Mapleread last night and played with it just a few hours ago, and thank you so so much. All my problems are over, all my books in one place, PDF text operation and multi color highlighting made Mapleread my number 1 ebook reader.
I'd love to see this review of yours on the App Store too!
Old 11-19-2018, 03:37 PM   #444
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad mini 3, Kindle PW2
Quote:
I'd love to see this review of yours on the App Store too!
Done.
nimapourkarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:22 AM   #445
gabaldini
Enthusiast
gabaldini has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle paperwhite
Speak button

Hi, first of all congratulations for the great work maple read is the best reading software on ios.
Now my problem, I have an Ipad pro and the speak button works fine but the lookup button don't, but on my iPhone 6 the speak button doesnt appear, but lookup button does. Is there some configuration that i missed? in both i turned off the supress speak option. If anyone knows how to solve it , please help me , I would like to have the speak option on my iPhone, thanks!
gabaldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:35 PM   #446
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
I don't have an iPad Pro, but the context menu customization options, including Suppress Speak, and Show Lookup, work fine on my iPhone 8 Plus and iPad 9.7".

Perhaps you haven't enabled Speak on your iPhone 6 Settings? Do you see a speak button when you select a word with Safari app?

Last edited by cedhax; 11-20-2018 at 11:38 PM.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:26 AM   #447
gabaldini
Enthusiast
gabaldini has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
I don't have an iPad Pro, but the context menu customization options, including Suppress Speak, and Show Lookup, work fine on my iPhone 8 Plus and iPad 9.7".

Perhaps you haven't enabled Speak on your iPhone 6 Settings? Do you see a speak button when you select a word with Safari app?
Yes that was the problem, i didnt have the speak selection activated in ios, the lookup problem was solved too, activating publishers style , thank you!
gabaldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:06 AM   #448
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
I was very busy on a long business trip and didn't really have time to play with MapleRead SE 3.0 until two days ago.

Quote:

Let us know which new 3.0 features are most useful to you personally.

Thanks!
  • MapleRead SE suports PDF text operations like those of EPUB
  • PDF Sync Data
  • Enriched note highlighting with 5 customizable colors with on-the-fly opacity adjustment
  • Unified UI design for a more coherent usage experience
  • Easier way to manage vocab, including in-situ deletion of any vocab highlight
  • New Dark display style in addition to existing Classic and Modern styles

IMHO, before v3.0, MapleRead has long been the best EPUB reader for iOS. Now with v3.0, MapleRead is the best EPUB and PDF reader.

I truly appreciate the high quality work consistently produced by the developer over the years and have expressed my gratitude by tipping them via their new gratuity IAP.

cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:21 AM   #449
sbaylor
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
I was very busy on a long business trip and didn't really have time to play with MapleRead SE 3.0 until two days ago.

• MapleRead SE suports PDF text operations like those of EPUB
  • PDF Sync Data
  • Enriched note highlighting with 5 customizable colors with on-the-fly opacity adjustment
  • Unified UI design for a more coherent usage experience
  • Easier way to manage vocab, including in-situ deletion of any vocab highlight
  • New Dark display style in addition to existing Classic and Modern styles

IMHO, before v3.0, MapleRead has long been the best EPUB reader for iOS. Now with v3.0, MapleRead is the best EPUB and PDF reader.

I truly appreciate the high quality work consistently produced by the developer over the years and have expressed my gratitude by tipping them via their new gratuity IAP.

@cedhax,
Thank you for your comments and your gratuity!
Old 12-05-2018, 02:09 PM   #450
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Does MapleRead sync books positions automatically on exit from the book or is still needed to do it manually?

The only thing that prevents me to using this is you must manually sync the book position and normally I use to forget do it...
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mapleread