Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-23-2016, 07:26 AM   #376
pokkis
pokkis began at the beginning.

Device: Glo, Likebook
I have a Boyue T62D.
I tried the instructions on on first message but I can't get ADB to recognize my device. When I run abd devices, nothing shows up. If i connect my Andro phone and turn USB debugging on, then phone is found.
Any ideas?
EDIT: Found it, 7 taps for version helped, as explained few pages ago.

Last edited by pokkis; 09-23-2016 at 11:48 AM.
pokkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:24 PM   #377
R-Hat
R-Hat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Boyue T62E
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkis View Post
I have a Boyue T62D.
I tried the instructions on on first message but I can't get ADB to recognize my device. When I run abd devices, nothing shows up. If i connect my Andro phone and turn USB debugging on, then phone is found.
Any ideas?
EDIT: Found it, 7 taps for version helped, as explained few pages ago.
Hello! Same problem here. I tapped the button 7 times, got a developer menu, switched on USB debugging mode. ADB can now see my device, it shows the code.

But the T6x_Ereader_toolsKit does not work! All I get is
"connect your device...
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *"

I can install Google Play store, but when I start it, it does nothing.
Before all that, I could not get the dev mode to work, so I tried to install Kingroot from XDA dev forum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ7z2Dze0s8

Now, I don't even know if my T62+ is or isn't rooted. Well, I'm glad I didn't brick it.

Last edited by R-Hat; 10-24-2016 at 12:28 PM.
R-Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2016, 01:43 PM   #378
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
There is an app called "rootchecker" or something similar that just say to you if the rooting had done or not.

I hope it helps you
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:44 PM   #379
Ror333
Ror333 began at the beginning.

Device: T62
The perfect storm....

OK, I really hope someone can heelp...

I have managed to get my energy ereader pro + into a boot loop (I have no idea how, i wasn't trying to do anything fancy - just reading!)

After a lot of effort, i finally got the rk batch file tool to recognise the ereader (10 seconds power button then 8 seconds refresh button then add the usb cable as well as getting the correct drivers) however after reloading the 1.0.0 firmware provided by energy sistems as the ereader reboots after the firmware has been uploaded the boot loop starts agiain!!!

I have also tried the Boyue firmwares for the T62D, however much the same thing... Constant Boot Loop! I am unable to physically turn off the device as whenever I reach a loaded screen the touch screen is inactive...

Any Ideas?

Last edited by Ror333; 10-29-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Ror333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:30 PM   #380
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapFrog View Post
I purchased a T62+ from an AliExpress merchant. About Device says it is Model Boyue-T62E with kernel version 3.0.36+ dated Mon Aug 8 16:19:29 HKT 2016. Build number is Boyue-Ereader_V1.2.002016080818.

Purchased item:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/E-bo...355945772.html

I rooted the device and installed the (current Play store) version of AIReader which works great. Don't see any other issues with the device but I'm curious if this is a 'one-off' or a new release of the Boyue T62. Anyone else seen a T62E?
Hi! I ordered a Boyue T63 from Banggood, and what they sent me was a T62E! It just arrived today. I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or send it back. It looks very much like my old T62+. However, it doesn't have a 300 dpi screen like the T63 I thought I was getting (it's 240 dpi). It looks fine, though.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2016, 05:45 AM   #381
LeapFrog
LeapFrog began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+
Sounds like Banggood just shipped the closest thing they had in stock. I thought they were better than that. I would write a review and see what their response is. Maybe they will send you the right device.

I've been really happy with my modified T62E - I'm not sure that 300 dpi would make it look much better. Logically the next device for me would be an e-ink reader with a slightly larger (7") Carta 1.2 screen - but I didn't order the Onyx T68 because of the quality issues reported.
LeapFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:23 AM   #382
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapFrog View Post
Sounds like Banggood just shipped the closest thing they had in stock. I thought they were better than that. I would write a review and see what their response is. Maybe they will send you the right device.

I've been really happy with my modified T62E - I'm not sure that 300 dpi would make it look much better. Logically the next device for me would be an e-ink reader with a slightly larger (7") Carta 1.2 screen - but I didn't order the Onyx T68 because of the quality issues reported.
Thanks for your comments. I have been trying out the T62E and I do like it. I have emailed Banggood. I noted that they were charging $105 for the T62+ and $145 for the T63. I asked if they would refund me $40, since they sent me the wrong device. Seems to me that would be a better option for them than having me return it.

Like you, I have rooted the T62E, using nightboy's T6X Toolkit. Worked fine. I have Play Store and all the apps I wanted on an e-ink device.

I also have an Onyx Boox C67ML Carta 2 which is 300 dpi. Problem there is that its userdata partition is only about 339MB, which leaves not much room for user apps. And, I have to look carefully to spot a difference between the two when I compare the same book and the same font. So I'm actually happy with the T62E. But I don't want to pay a T63 price for it!
Old 11-11-2016, 07:03 AM   #383
R-Hat
R-Hat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
There is an app called "rootchecker" or something similar that just say to you if the rooting had done or not.

I hope it helps you
Thanks, it works, it shows that my T62E is successfully rooted with KingRoot. But I suppose this is useless compared to nightboy's T6X Toolkit, because too many apps just can't be installed, or don't run, including Google Play Store. The toolkit is just too good, it including the hack for incompatible apps.

I think I will wait for someone to upload the T62E ROM and then go to factory settings and start again. I culled old drivers and managed the ADB to recognize my device in cmd line, but the toolkit still can not get in there and make any changes. Maybe it's too messy and I need to go to factory settings again, or it's not ready for T62E.
R-Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:59 PM   #384
downeaster59
Wizard

I finally got my Boyue T63. I tested the T6x Toolkit, and it works flawlessly on the T63. Root, Play Store, all happened smoothly.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:07 AM   #385
rol
rol began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus Illumina E653
Good to know. Thanks for the info, downeaster59 !
rol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:21 PM   #386
ivivdim
ivivdim began at the beginning.

These days i received from AliExpress Boyue T62E and i have serious problem with it (still not sure software or hardware). The reader constantly freezes - even in booting process. When in the end the reader starts successfuly it works for maximum several minutes and freezes or reboots again. I tryed with other versions of firmware (1 for T62E and other for T62D) and there was some improvement, but the reader keeps freezing and rebooting sooner or later.
I will be very gratefull if someone can give me advice how to solve my problem or i have return the reader back to the seller?
ivivdim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:33 PM   #387
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivivdim View Post
These days i received from AliExpress Boyue T62E and i have serious problem with it (still not sure software or hardware). The reader constantly freezes - even in booting process. When in the end the reader starts successfuly it works for maximum several minutes and freezes or reboots again. I tryed with other versions of firmware (1 for T62E and other for T62D) and there was some improvement, but the reader keeps freezing and rebooting sooner or later.
I will be very gratefull if someone can give me advice how to solve my problem or i have return the reader back to the seller?
When I first ordered a T63 from Banggood, I was sent a T62E by mistake. That T62E behaved for me the same way yours did for you. I tried doing a factory reset. I tried finding firmware and installing that. It made no difference. Mu guess is that some T62E devices have some hardware problem. You may have to return yours. Banggood was very good about that. I don't know much about AliExpress.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:45 AM   #388
Geenween
Enthusiast
Geenween began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Energy reader Pro+
Hello! I have a question on my Energy System Pro+ (boyue T62D+): I had installed a ROM from this topic: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254042 and it was working mostly fine. However I want to go back to the original FW to test if a few bugs are FW or HW related.

When I try to load the FW I downloaded from the Energy sistem site via RKbattch tool, however, it fails. If I use the other .img file from the ROM I am currently using it loads without problems. Any idea of how to go back to the original FW?

Edit: Nevermind! I probably had a corrupted .img file. I redownloaded it from the site and it worked.

Last edited by Geenween; 01-02-2017 at 07:53 AM.
Geenween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:26 PM   #389
readnut
readnut began at the beginning.

Device: boyue T63
T63 in a bootloop. Help!

Hi,

Please help! My 2-week old Boyue JDREAD is in a bootloop! I merely edited one line in the Build.prop.

Had followed this thread almost to a T. But neither adb nor RKBatchTool could see the Boyue device (tried both Win7 & Win8). Only the lying down Android with the Exclamation Mark on screen. No recovery, nor Connected Device (reported by the tools), unfortunately. Regular bootup only goes on and on…

Is the driver (in DriverAssitant) applicable to T63?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

P.S. Bought and brought back by a friend visited Shenzhen, China. Original firmware had only Chinese, English and Korean.
readnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:28 PM   #390
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Step 3 - install Device driver

I have followed the instructions up to this point

Quote:
5-Open C:\Users\[user name]\.andriod\adb_usb.ini file (notepad)
6-Add the following line at the end of the file
The adb_usb.ini only has "0x2207" in it, should there be other lines of code? If this is all that should be there, do I add onto this line, or create a new line which says:
Code:
0x2207; 0x0010
below the existing line?
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote