Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-10-2019, 12:35 PM   #106
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Any online deals on the Roku Ultra? Need to get those for my mom and aunt so they can watch their TFC (The Filipino Channel).

Last edited by ilovejedd; 11-10-2019 at 12:37 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 01:57 PM   #107
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Staples Black Friday --> ad scan
  • Online -- Th 28 Nov @ 12am ET
  • Store --- Fri 29 Nov @ 7am local

Staples Black Friday Ad Posted!
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    We just posted the 17-page Staples Black Friday ad scan!

As we shared with you a few weeks ago, Staples will be closed on Thanksgiving yet again this year. Stores will open at 7AM on Black Friday. You can begin shopping Black Friday deals online on Thursday, November 28th.

Staples is offering savings on all sorts of tech and office goodies, but not every deal is incredible. For example, the first-generation Apple AirPods offer on the front page gets you a fantastic price on headphones that rarely go on sale. Those earbuds are technically two generations old now, but if you have a teen that's clamoring for a pair, that deal is on-par with some of the best we have seen, and it beats competing Black Friday deals by $10. On the flip side, directly next to the AirPods offer is a pair of Beats Powerbeats Pro earphones for $200. That deal has been up for grabs a few times now, including as recently as last week. It's still a nice price, but if you miss out, you will see the same price many more times, including from Target, Best Buy, and Kohl's in their Black Friday sales.

more...
Discount Programs -- save additional money by using these offers

Tablets
Media Players
Computers
Digital Storage
  • USB Flash Card -- 02
  • Ext Hard Drive --- 05 | 13

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-23-2019 at 07:58 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:13 AM   #108
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last Day -- exp 11 Nov
Old 11-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #109
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Somebody wanted a 55"TV under $300
Today only (and possibly again on BF??)
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/d...orbuster-offer
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:01 PM   #110
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

My first BF doorbuster just arrived. I ordered a $99 Windows laptop to replace my desktop. I switched back to Chrome awhile back and have several programs that require Windows. The desktop is just getting in the way and a cheap laptop solves my infrequent need for Windows, plus it's easily stored when not in use.

One doorbuster down, several more to go
Old 11-13-2019, 02:02 AM   #111
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Sold out.

I just started thinking about possibly getting a inexpensive laptop with Windows 10. Still undecided.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:18 AM   #112
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Sold out.

I just started thinking about possibly getting a inexpensive laptop with Windows 10. Still undecided.
The laptop I got will go on sale two more times for $99, so you still have a chance to get one. Also note that there'll be larger models (14" and up) on sale from several sources for around $130. Personally, I find any laptop over 11.6" to be too large for me.

Check out my links on the front page under Computers for a roundup of computer deals.

Computers
Old 11-13-2019, 05:14 AM   #113
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Check out my links on the front page under Computers for a roundup of computer deals.
I've been using the links.

I love the way you cross-reference things by type and store.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:57 AM   #114
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Let us know how you like the Lenovo. Is it abysmally slow?

Quote:
My first BF doorbuster just arrived. I ordered a $99 Windows laptop to replace my desktop.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:23 AM   #115
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I've been using the links.

I love the way you cross-reference things by type and store.
Thanks
Old 11-13-2019, 06:49 AM   #116
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Let us know how you like the Lenovo. Is it abysmally slow?
Oh, it's definitely slow. This is a bare-bones stripped-down machine. It only has a Celeron dual-core processor running at 1.1 GHz with 2GB of RAM and 64GB of eMMC storage. Of that 64GB, I only have about 35GB available thanks to Windows eating up the rest.

It came loaded with that stripped and locked-down Windows 10 S Mode version. That's useless for me since it can't load the programs I want (Audible Manager, calibre, Sansa Firmware Updater, Sansa Media Converter, etc). So, I'll need to switch it out (free upgrade) for the standard Windows 10. Not sure if that'll eat any more storage.

All-in-all, slow processor, slow storage, and very little RAM equals a slooooow machine. But for my needs, it's just right because it was only $99 and will run the programs I need. I doubt I'll ever use it more than once or less a week. So I really don't care how slow it is.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:28 AM   #117
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Oh, it's definitely slow. ...

Hope that helps.
Oh, it does help. Tells me I don't want it
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #118
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Looks like some nice deals at Staples, e.g. the $350 Core i5 desktop system and the $30 Brother laser printer - you could spend that much on ink for an ink jet printer. 3 years ago I grabbed a $80 Brother 2380 multifunction and I'm just now getting low toner warnings from the starter cartridge that came with it...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #119
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
The laptop I got will go on sale two more times for $99, so you still have a chance to get one. Also note that there'll be larger models (14" and up) on sale from several sources for around $130. Personally, I find any laptop over 11.6" to be too large for me.
I'm a Mac guy, but I keep a small Lenovo Yoga 2 11" laptop running Win 10 for when I need to use Win 10. I rarely use it, but when I do turn it on to quickly do some task it invariably goes into Windows update mode taking 30 minutes to an hour to install the regular updates. Very frustrating that a 5 minute task has to turn into a one hour ordeal. Such is MS! No settings listed on the internet have worked to prevent it from happening, even though they claim they work. MS always seems to circumvent the work-a-rounds. So unless you need WiFi, unfortunately I do need it, keep it in airplane mode or you will likely get the constant updates annoyance too!
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:28 AM   #120
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Instead of buying cheapie brand new laptops, what I did was buy a used ThinkPad X131e, i3-3227u, 4GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro netbook on ebay for $100 (corporate off-lease) and replaced the HDD with a $50 500GB SSD.

I use it to run Calibre, etc. While it's not blazing fast, it runs pretty decent.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote