Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-21-2019, 11:16 PM   #1
sladflob
Connoisseur
sladflob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura One
User style tweak not working

Hi, I have a few epubs that contain <hr class="transition" /> in them. These are rendered in KOReader by a horizontal line which I would like to get rid of.

I know I can edit the .css for the book in Calibre and change them to display:none, but I thought it would be more fun to do it by adding a user style tweak to the styletweaks directory.

I've created a file no-cr.css in that folder and tried .transition { display:none; }, hr.transition { display:none; }, and hr { display: none; } (and even all three in the same file) but none of them seem to do the trick. Am I missing something about how/when the user style tweaks are processed? What is the right way to do this?

Thanks!
sladflob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:15 AM   #2
sladflob
Connoisseur

So I added !important to hr.transition and it now works. Does this mean the user tweaks get applied before the document css?
Old 05-22-2019, 02:42 PM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Per spec, as a user you're stuck with !important to override stuff. Which I consider a flaw in the spec because it makes it harder to perform targeted overrides, but that aside.

https://www.w3.org/TR/2011/REC-CSS2-...ascading-order

PS You'll note that all (?) of the bundled style tweaks also include !important.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:08 AM   #4
sladflob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
PS You'll note that all (?) of the bundled style tweaks also include !important.
Thanks, good to know I'm not missing anything.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:11 AM   #5
Pokec
Pokec began at the beginning.

Device: PB628 Touch Lux 5
It seems to me that the options "Ignore publisher font families", "Ignore publisher font sizes" etc in the "Style tweaks" menu will also cause corresponding settings in "User style tweaks" to be ignored.

Is this how it is intended?
Pokec is offline   Reply With Quote