Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-06-2017, 03:01 AM   #1
MasterCATZ
MasterCATZ began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
How do we go back to the OLD GUI ?

I just updated to calibre-2.80.0-x86_64 unsure what my older version was

but its GUI / Skin looked a lot better , the new one looks very cartoony and less professional in my opinion ...

Last edited by MasterCATZ; 03-06-2017 at 03:03 AM.
MasterCATZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:43 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCATZ View Post
I just updated to calibre-2.80.0-x86_64 unsure what my older version was

but its GUI / Skin looked a lot better , the new one looks very cartoony and less professional in my opinion ...
Preferences->Look and Feel->Icon theme: classic Ψ²

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2017, 12:50 AM   #3
MasterCATZ

Thanks for the reply

the in Program Icons are now back to classic

but the Launch Menu icons and splash screen etc in ubuntu are still this crappy new look ...
Old 03-07-2017, 01:18 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You can turn the splash off in Look and Feel.

Don't know Launch Icons, I'm guessing they're equivalent of Windows desktop program shortcuts - can't you just change them in Ubuntu to <whatever.png>.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:44 AM   #5
MasterCATZ

its more this ugly icon now sitting on my launcher side bar that does not blend in
the white background looks out of place
that and they look hand drawn the classic looked like books ...

how do I get this one back in

Last edited by MasterCATZ; 03-08-2017 at 01:03 AM.
Advert
Old 03-08-2017, 01:04 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Huh? The icon has no white background. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ko.../images/lt.png

And as for how to change icons in the Ubuntu dock, you will need to ask in a Ubuntu forum.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote