Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
pathfinderca
Connoisseur
pathfinderca began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V.2
I came back to thank

I came back here to thank everybody who patiently answered my questions and generously gave me advices on the ebook readers. After so many months of stress and puzzling (can't believe it took me that long to buy anything else), I finally got a Hanlin V2. I did try to put an order on Iliad book edition two times but orders failed to go through on both times. My husband said it might be because the shipping address and the billing address were different. I guess Iliad is not for me. It's more expensive and I've heard so many horror stories around here about it.
After I got my Hanlin V2, I realized it is limited in doing what I've had in mind. I want something to be able to read pdf which it does fine except for the graphics part. I also want a reader to be able to read html files and Hanlin does read them only the graphs don't show. I am also worried constantly that the screen may break so it sits in a tin cookie box that I carry from work to home.
Enough of my complaints and worries. Thank you everybody for being so patient and kind.
pathfinderca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinderca View Post
I came back here to thank everybody who patiently answered my questions and generously gave me advices on the ebook readers. After so many months of stress and puzzling (can't believe it took me that long to buy anything else), I finally got a Hanlin V2. I did try to put an order on Iliad book edition two times but orders failed to go through on both times. My husband said it might be because the shipping address and the billing address were different. I guess Iliad is not for me. It's more expensive and I've heard so many horror stories around here about it.
After I got my Hanlin V2, I realized it is limited in doing what I've had in mind. I want something to be able to read pdf which it does fine except for the graphics part. I also want a reader to be able to read html files and Hanlin does read them only the graphs don't show. I am also worried constantly that the screen may break so it sits in a tin cookie box that I carry from work to home.
Enough of my complaints and worries. Thank you everybody for being so patient and kind.
BE sure and visit the Hanlin forum here as MobileRead for information on solving the problems you have encountered and general expert advice. Hope you enjoy your V2. Is this the one with the small data entry area at the bottom?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
pathfinderca
Connoisseur

Thank you

Thank you for the reminder. I will do that. Yes that's the one I got. I don't use that function at all. I only bought v2. because all the reviews claim it handles pdf btter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
BE sure and visit the Hanlin forum here as MobileRead for information on solving the problems you have encountered and general expert advice. Hope you enjoy your V2. Is this the one with the small data entry area at the bottom?

Dale
Old 06-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Happy reading pathfinderca
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #5
pathfinderca
Connoisseur

Thank you, Erserver.;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
Happy reading pathfinderca
I've still been testing and getting used to it. Haven't started serious reading yet
Advert