Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #1
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Calibre 2.10, Plugins, Shortcuts and Dynamic Menus

There's been a calibre change (in 2.10) that requires changes to some of the plugins to correctly support keyboard shortcuts. Specifically, plugins that change their menus dynamically. There's been discussion of this already here.

Several of the plugins affected are by kiwidude. I've been in touch with kiwidude, he doesn't have time right now to work on correcting these issues. But he has given the go-ahead for us (the PI dev community) to update them.

I've posted test versions of my own FFDL and Reading List that I've updated. I've done some testing with them on calibre 2.10, 2.9 and 1.48 and they seem good. I'd like to hear if anybody has problems with them. Confirmation that they fix the shortcut issue for you would also be appreciated.

I haven't made a comprehensive list, but I expect Open With and View Manager at least will also require changes.

Please post if you have suggestions of other plugins that will need updates for this issue.

If any other PI devs would care to help with updating kiwidude's plugins, see the rebuild_menus() function in Reading List's action.py or the earlier discussion thread. And please post which one(s) you're working on so we don't duplicate effort. Thanks!
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I can confirm View Manager requires changes (I was testing with it, not with Reading List ). If nobody has tried to change it in a couple of days, I'll make a try.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I can confirm View Manager requires changes (I was testing with it, not with Reading List ). If nobody has tried to change it in a couple of days, I'll make a try.
@Terisa de morgan - I echoed Jim's changes at the top and bottom of rebuild_menus in Reading List->action.py, into rebuild_menus in View Manager->action.py.

Sadly, it didn't work, in that I lost the drop down menu entirely My python skills are non-existent, so I may have screwed something up.

Meantime I'll stick with 2.9

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-16-2014 at 05:55 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:57 PM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, you and me both I still have the menu but it doesn't work well. I'll try tomorrow to understand better the menu building.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #5
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've posted updated test versions of:Response so far has been limited, but positive.

Those are all the plugins I use that were affected. I don't know of any others that need fixes for this change.
Advert
Old 11-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See Kovids post in following thread - Relates to the Quick Preferences PI

Possible bug report - adding books

I had a look at the PI code, wasn't obvious to me where to make Kovid's recommended change. Hopefully someone more familiar with the anatomy of kiwidude's PIs will know.

BR
Old 11-21-2014, 11:10 PM   #7
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

FYI, the 5 plugins mentioned above have had new versions released to address the shortcuts issue.

If there are any other plugins with dynamic menus, I haven't heard about them.

But I suggest leaving this thread 'stuck' for a while yet, just in case.

The Quick Preferences PI issue BR mentions above isn't related. I've never used Quick Preferences (I don't even know what it looks like), so I'd prefer if somebody who does use it addressed that issue.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:19 AM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I use Quick Preferences - far as I tell its working OK. I haven't assigned any keyboard shortcuts to it. The ones I might use are toggles, given there's no indication of their current state I drive it via the context menu.

BR
Old 11-22-2014, 01:27 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
My Kobo Utilities has a semi-dynamic menu. It didn't seem to be causing problems, except when I tried to implement these changes. Unfortunately, I looked at Open View for the sample code. The release I made today includes the correct changes

Goodreads Sync also has a dynamic menu. And it isn't causing a problem here. I have a change to release properly, so I might make this as well and talk to kiwidude.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@JimmXinu & davidfor - did the fixed versions get put into the new version hurdy gurdy?

See ==>> Segfault when changing libs especially post #10

BR
Old 12-14-2014, 05:05 PM   #11
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@JimmXinu & davidfor - did the fixed versions get put into the new version hurdy gurdy?

Yes, the fixed version of Open With was released:
Quote:
Version 1.5.9 - 22 Nov 2014
Fix keyboard shortcuts not working on calibre >= 2.10
And chaley, one of the great wizards, has already pointed out that the error reported refers to Save To Format and Recoll Full Text Search...

(hurdy gurdy??)
Old 12-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Kobo Utilities has been updated and released. I had forgotten about Goodreads Sync, so will try and do it tonight.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Yes, the fixed version of Open With was released:

And chaley, one of the great wizards, has already pointed out that the error reported refers to Save To Format and Recoll Full Text Search...

(hurdy gurdy??)
@JimmXinu - Yes I thought you'd updated them because I don't have the manual-download-install-from-file versions any more. I forgot/didn't realise the lead post in PI Threats have a hidden version history

Would the Save To Format and Recoll Full Text Search even be there to create a Segfault - I thought bad PIs were thrown out when calibre starts.

The OP posted his problem was with Open With, 12 hours after chaleys post. From what was written I assume when Open With was removed the Segfault went away, which made me think the OP doesn't have the latest PI, because those symptoms are the same as we had with APPCRASH in Windows.

Added : and since confirmed by the OP in post 13 in Segfault when changing libs

hurdy-gurdy: street organ, often played by a man with a monkey, you might still see a few in Ireland and the Netherlands. Also London non rhyming slang for any machine whose purpose is known but whose workings are mysterious :lol:

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-14-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:28 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Hurdy-Gurdy
The Stringed version of Bag Pipes
(yes, they have drone strings)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #15
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Let's move this discussion to the Open With thread. I've posted a potential work around.

And I my first thought in a computer context was that hurdy-gurdy was the name of a linux distro release, not a ye olde tyme reference.