Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
NightStar76
Enthusiast
NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nook
Looking for options...

I live in the US, where there is an unfortunate dearth of alternatives. For the past year or so I've been using variations on the Kobo touch/glo/mini, which I absolutely loved. Unfortunately, the screen broke, and I went back to using my nook. Which I dislike. The nook's 'collections' are agonizing compared to what I've become used to and its interface with calibre isn't anything to write home about, either.

Since I bought my Kobo-Touch, though, other options have come on the market, and I was wondering if any of them would be worth pursuing? I have a few needs:

Either sd/micro-sd compatibility or 500+ mb of onboard storage

Collections/shelves at least as pleasant to handle as Kobo

Community/developer supported integration with Calibre that's at least as pleasant as Kobo.

A built-in light is nice, but optional.
NightStar76 is offline   Reply With Quote