Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-15-2024, 11:50 AM   #1
NeilF
NeilF began at the beginning.

Device: Ink Pad 4
Boox Page vs Pocketbook Inkpad 4

I appreciate the responses on my last post.

As I am leaving the Kindle ecosystem, I think I have narrowed down what I want between the Boox Page and the Pocketbook Inkpad 4.

Any opinions on the better choice would be appreciated.
NeilF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 04:18 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Boox Page has 7 inches, while the Pocketbook device has 7.8 inches.
Thanks to Android, Boox Page can be used much more universally and is smaller and lighter.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2024, 01:47 PM   #3
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Boox Page has 7 inches, while the Pocketbook device has 7.8 inches.
Thanks to Android, Boox Page can be used much more universally and is smaller and lighter.
Do you use the Kindle app on the Page (or any other 8" or under Boox device). I need a large-ish font, and on my 6" Likebook running Android 8.1 the Kindle page layout has very large margins on top and bottom and I can really only get about 1 to 1.5 paragraphs per page. I already have the margins set to smallest.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 06:32 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
Do you use the Kindle app on the Page
I don't read Amazon books.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote