Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-20-2023, 09:21 AM   #16
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosagami View Post
I have tried sending them to email as I had always done and also dragging them in the webpage to no avail
By the web page do you mean the Send to Kindle page?

https://www.amazon.es/sendtokindle

That is the most reliable and informative method for sending books to your Kindle account. It shows progress as the book is being processed and the resulting status when finished. What status are you seeing?

What happens when you try it with a book that is known to work for others, such as this one in the public domain?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=188092
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 09:27 AM   #17
rosagami
rosagami began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
you could try the following

Convert epub to RTF
Open RTF and save to DOC
Load DOC into Calibre
Convert DOC to EPUB

try sending that file to your kindle. If you don't have the DOC plugin in calibre then load the RTF and convert that to epub.

I create epubs for Fan Fiction stories all the time, thats DOC to Epub
That worked!

A bit annoying but it is the only thing it works.

Thank you very much!!
rosagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2023, 09:31 AM   #18
rosagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
By the web page do you mean the Send to Kindle page?

https://www.amazon.es/sendtokindle

That is the most reliable and informative method for sending books to your Kindle account. It shows progress as the book is being processed and the resulting status when finished. What status are you seeing?

What happens when you try it with a book that is known to work for others, such as this one in the public domain?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=188092
Yes, the Send to Kindle page but it doesn't provide any information.

That book you said worked fine.

How odd!

And mine with the conversions that Josieb1 suggested too. A long process though.
Old 07-20-2023, 09:40 AM   #19
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosagami View Post
That worked!

A bit annoying but it is the only thing it works.

Thank you very much!!
I'm glad it worked, there was obviously something in the original epub Amazon didn't like. Hopefully you won't have to do it for every epub you want to send but at least you know its not the format now.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 09:45 AM   #20
rosagami

Thank you so much :-)
Advert

Tags
epub, kindle paperwhite, pdf