Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-20-2023, 05:42 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Personal Documents question

I have a lot of ebooks I bought from now long gone publishers and ebook retailers. I really don’t want to have to buy them all again but I would like a few of them (maybe a hundred) on my kindle as I’ve bought later books in series’s from Amazon. I have two 11th generation kindles and I’ve noticed the covers come through okay now, once downloaded.

Does anyone know if Amazon treat personal documents any different now to their own ebooks? Just trying to work out any downsides before I start sending epubs over.
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 09:13 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Personal documents will not do series grouping. There's no Goodreads integration.

Currently, they are converted to KF8, which does not support enhanced typography features (ligatures, justification option, page flip). For Scribe, they get converted to KFX, which supports these features. It is not clear to me why they do not deliver KFX for any Kindle (or Kindle app) that has support for it, but I hope they'll start doing this at some point for a more consistent reading experience.

Cover thumbnails will not show up until the personal document is downloaded, whereas Kindle Store content thumbnails get downloaded as you scroll through library (assuming you are online).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2023, 09:21 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Personal documents will not do series grouping. There's no Goodreads integration.

Currently, they are converted to KF8, which does not support enhanced typography features (ligatures, justification option, page flip). For Scribe, they get converted to KFX, which supports these features. It is not clear to me why they do not deliver KFX for any Kindle (or Kindle app) that has support for it, but I hope they'll start doing this at some point for a more consistent reading experience.

Cover thumbnails will not show up until the personal document is downloaded, whereas Kindle Store content thumbnails get downloaded as you scroll through library (assuming you are online).
Thank you . Nothing there I can't live without, not considering the cost of buying the books again
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote