Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-25-2023, 04:43 AM   #1
lilirose
lilirose began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra 2 kobo clara HD kindle PW 2019 and 2021
kindle paperwhite 7 th update

i just bought a kindle paperwhite 7 th generation and i want to update it to the last firmware jailbrakable
it is on the 5.6.1.1 version
should have i to do all the updates one by one or do directly the last jailbrakable version, if someone can remind me which one to make no mistake

thanks for all your help
lilirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 12:51 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Why do you want to update i to so high a version?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2023, 01:37 PM   #3
lilirose

because this version is too old and i want something more ergonomic and actual.
you are right no need to go to the version that can be jailbraked
2 or 3 updated version higher will be enough

Last edited by lilirose; 06-25-2023 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-25-2023, 04:02 PM   #4
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

KindleBreak is the easiest jailbreak in years and works for FW versions >= 5.10.3 and <= 5.13.3
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338268

WatchThis works for 5.14.2 and lower, but how low it can go depends on which kindle model. Some people have had trouble following the steps for WatchThis.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346037

There is a PW3 jailbreak for FW 5.9.6.1 that requires downloading and installing a large "factory" firmware.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313086
Old 06-25-2023, 04:19 PM   #5
lilirose

thanks for the links
if i understand, it means that i have to upgrade a little ?
what to do so ?
do i have to upgrade FW after FW ot can i take directly the 5.9 ?
Advert
Old 06-25-2023, 04:54 PM   #6
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

You need to be asking in the Kindle Developer's Corner
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=150

I think there was a time when skipping a large range of updates was a bad idea, but I don't know.
It is known that it is safe to do the 5.9.6.1 jailbreak on a PW3 running 5.9.2 (did you read the thread?)
Old 07-31-2023, 05:02 AM   #7
MobiGinger
MobiGinger began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Hi, I have old PW3 as well, which version do you think has the most features/performance with respect to jailbreak-able?

I'm on 5.9.x
MobiGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 11:56 AM   #8
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiGinger View Post
Hi, I have old PW3 as well, which version do you think has the most features/performance with respect to jailbreak-able?

I'm on 5.9.x
Best features are a matter of personal preference.

My PW3 is running 5.9.6.1 which works well for me.

Begining with 5.10.x firmwares just keep getting more hostile to jailbreaks with each new version.
Old 08-01-2023, 07:43 AM   #9
MobiGinger
MobiGinger began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Best features are a matter of personal preference.

My PW3 is running 5.9.6.1 which works well for me.

Begining with 5.10.x firmwares just keep getting more hostile to jailbreaks with each new version.
Thanks for the input.

I just notice that starting 5.13.x, there seems to be new UI that pretty similar to what Android looks like. Personally, I don't like that (based on the screenshot), but what is the general consensus?

Now I'm wondering what is the *best* version between 5.9.x - 5.13.x? All version on that range already jailbreak-ed and I will be mostly on the airplane mode anyway.

Cheers
MobiGinger is offline   Reply With Quote