Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-22-2023, 07:51 PM   #121
Venator3
Venator3 began at the beginning.

Device: Tab ultra
Ok that worked, output is:

Code:
/system/priv-app/OnyxOtaService/OnyxOtaService.apk: 1 file pulled, 0 skipped. 31.1 MB/s (405397 bytes in 0.012s)
And I now how the apk on my computer.
Venator3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 09:02 PM   #122
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venator3 View Post
And I now have the apk on my computer.
Great. Now may I have it?
Rename it .zip and attach it to your post here.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2023, 09:06 PM   #123
Venator3

Oops, forgot to attach.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OnyxOtaService.zip (395.9 KB, 41 views)
Old 08-22-2023, 09:29 PM   #124
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. Erm, some things have changed that make this not as easy as I thought.
I'll have to look at this tomorrow.

In any case if you want to proceed getting EDL to work...
But don't go crazy flashing things until you backup what you want to flash.

Edit: In post #4 https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...03&postcount=4
They say they got the decoding strings.
But they were never merged with the GitHub.
Anybody know what's going on?
Did they work?

Last edited by Renate; 08-22-2023 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-23-2023, 12:24 PM   #125
Renate
Wizard

Could you do me another favor?
Could you try this:
Code:
C:\>adb pull /system/priv-app/OnyxOtaService/lib/arm64/libota_jni.so
And post it, please?
Advert
Old 08-23-2023, 07:29 PM   #126
Venator3

Sure, file is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip libota_jni.zip (11.4 KB, 104 views)
Old 08-23-2023, 07:56 PM   #127
Venator3

I think for EDL the command to grab the boot.img is:

Code:
python edl.py --loader 0014d0e100000000_d40eee56f3194665_FHPRG.bin --memory=ufs <command>
Still not sure how to get a full backup. Is there any risk involved with running a bad command in EDL?
Old 08-23-2023, 08:31 PM   #128
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Sure, file is attached.
Thanks! I confirmed the strings reported already and posted them on GitHub.

Edit: The correct strings (in the new format) are in BooxKeys.csv

Last edited by Renate; 03-08-2024 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-24-2023, 02:48 PM   #129
Venator3

Thank you! I now have the boot.img from the update. I would still like to figure out the command for a full backup in EDL to get the original boot img, I'm just not sure if it's possible to mess things up in EDL so I don't want to use the wrong command. But I will at least boot the patched boot.img and probably flash it if it works.
Old 08-24-2023, 02:59 PM   #130
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
I would still like to figure out the command for a full backup in EDL to get the original boot img...
Well, then just do it. As long as you are only doing reads nothing bad will happen.
You need to load the Firehose loader, do your reads, then do a reset.
I'm tired of the Python one so I'll only give specifics for mine.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:51 AM   #131
snuggy
snuggy began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max Lumi
Hey, I tried flashing my brand new Boox Tab Ultra (Black and White) with the guide here, and when I flashed the magisk'd boot.img and booted the backlight has stopped working.

When I tried flashing the edl'd image I took, the backlight doesn't work either.

What am I doing wrong here? I'm guessing that when I pulled the boot image, I used something that was incorrect -- any ideas which?

Thank you!
snuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 11:57 AM   #132
Renate
Wizard

Mmm, maybe an update has caused your versions to be mixed.
Do you have ADB enabled?
Code:
C:\>adb shell lsmod
Does that show one line or twenty?
If it's one, then versions are probably not the problem.
If it's twenty...

The most recent TabUltra version is:
Code:
Model:  TabUltra (English)
Finger: Onyx/TabUltra/TabUltra:11/2023-11-22_08-58_3.5_946657f755/43508:user/dev-keys
Link:   http://firmware-us-volc.boox.com/00135b572b9d321902f87c9d71a7f17f/update.upx
Size:   1,561,582,806
MD5:    00135b572b9d321902f87c9d71a7f17f
You might try to download that to your desktop, then ADB push to /sdcard.
Then:
Code:
C:\>adb shell am start -a onyx.settings.action.firmware
And do an update.

Then, because you've lost root, you can extract the current boot image from update.upx (after decrypting) or EDL read the current boot image.