Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-02-2018, 10:03 AM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
New KOBO coming out.

I did a search and could not find a post on this yet.

I seen several articles online on this. Some say it will come out in may some say September. KOBO Clara HD. No photos yet online. I also hear this is going to be the model sold at Walmart. Not sure where I heard this for I read multiple articles

https://the-digital-reader.com/2018/...lears-the-fcc/
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:15 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Clarita is here
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2018, 10:17 AM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Clarita is here

I guess I suck at forum searches LOL a mod can delete thread or leave it. Sorry!
Old 04-02-2018, 12:57 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I guess I suck at forum searches LOL a mod can delete thread or leave it. Sorry!
Well, actually, you would think News would be the normal forum for this announcement. But this thread works well as a link to the other one. And I, for a change, didn't add yet another new thread! (Old dogs can be taught new tricks?)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:15 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard

Clara s kinda a stupid name. I wonder why they named it that.
Advert
Old 04-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Clara s kinda a stupid name. I wonder why they named it that.
First, I don't know what's wrong with the name "Clara," and, Second ... just pure supposition (as mentioned in the other thread) ... "clara" means "clear" in Latin – could this be hinting at a ClearInk display?
Old 04-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From a Spanish point of view, sorry, not stupid (Aura is a feminine Spanish name too)
Old 04-02-2018, 01:31 PM   #8
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
First, I don't know what's wrong with the name "Clara," and, Second ... just pure supposition (as mentioned in the other thread) ... "clara" means "clear" in Latin – could this be hinting at a ClearInk display?
I guess I used wrong choice of words. It just sounds odd to me. I saw it as a female name and not a word meaning clear
Old 04-02-2018, 01:34 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
I guess I used wrong choice of words. It just sounds odd to me. I saw it as a female name and not a word meaning clear
I like names for devices. But I guess that's a personal thing. (And "Clara Bell" would have never come to mind.)

As for Clara->clear->ClearInk ...

EDIT: Never mind. It says right on the announcement "Eink Technology." Looks like I still have the talent for getting it wrong.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #10
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I totally agree with you.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:08 PM   #11
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I like names for devices. But I guess that's a personal thing. (And "Clara Bell" would have never come to mind.)

As for Clara->clear->ClearInk ...

EDIT: Never mind. It says right on the announcement "Eink Technology." Looks like I still have the talent for getting it wrong.
What is clearink?

Ever mind. I googled it. Looks like it can make eink obsolete

Last edited by HLS; 04-02-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:40 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
What is clearink?

Ever mind. I googled it. Looks like it can make eink obsolete
Maybe not.Clearink uses a filter to get the color and thus, lower resolution. It may not be as wonderful as it sounds.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:22 PM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Maybe not.Clearink uses a filter to get the color and thus, lower resolution. It may not be as wonderful as it sounds.
What I've seen from the videos about ClearInk, I'm not sure that's it's anywhere near ready. Just let the name coincidence (Clara, clear) influence me here.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:54 AM   #14
azayn
Groupie
azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nova 3, Galaxy S22+, iPad
Really hoping the Clara ends up being the Kobo Mini 2...
azayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:59 AM   #15
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
Something is up at Kobo, I got a survey the other day with a lot of sample text layouts asking me to pick which ones I preferred and why. It was interesting that the samples included both portrait and landscape orientation. I've not found a way to get landscape on my original H2O -- if it's even possible -- so maybe this new Kobo can do that.

Or else they're doing a tablet aimed primarily at readers and audiobook users, much like Amazon's Kindle Fire. It does make one wonder.
Byrdie is offline   Reply With Quote