Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-09-2017, 07:58 PM   #181
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
deleted

Last edited by Tarana; 10-23-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:39 AM   #182
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Aaaah, I remember when Woot used to be my go-to place for SanDisk Sansa media players, but haven't seen any of them on Woot in ages. (Don't follow Woot all that faithfully any more since they have become mostly a clearance site for Amazon.) But, being a clearance site for Amazon does give them a nice selection of Kindles .

I've eyed the Fire HD 6 from time to time, since I sort of like the idea of a really compact tablet. But, I've also had the impression there is no expansion memory slot in the HD 6 - is that correct? In which case it's a no-starter for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I was a victim of the Woot deal (which has always previously expired by the time I see it posted here). Got a couple (cheaper than buying a battery) and a backup for my Mom's as well as a gift. If the 8.9" Fire works out, I can sell the other skinny Fire.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2017, 07:48 AM   #183
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post

I've eyed the Fire HD 6 from time to time, since I sort of like the idea of a really compact tablet. But, I've also had the impression there is no expansion memory slot in the HD 6 - is that correct? .
Yes.

I think the Fire HD 6 is the best of all the Fire tablets, nice display, sufficiently zippy, fills a unique niche. I have the 16 gb version which is enough for my needs, but obviously one would have to evaluate one's own requirements.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:47 AM   #184
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Echo/Alexa Device Sale -- limited time
  • Echo Show --> $200 -- $30 off
  • Amz Tap -----> $80 --- $50 off
  • Echo Dot -----> $45 ---- $5 off

• Not on Sale
  • Echo Look ---> $200
  • Echo Plus ----> $150
  • Echo Spot ---> $130
  • Echo 2 -------> $100

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-11-2017 at 06:13 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:11 AM   #185
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Google Home Device Sale -- limited time
  • Google Home --> $109 -- $20 off

• Not on Sale
  • Home Max --> $399
  • Home Mini ---> $49
Advert
Old 10-11-2017, 07:56 AM   #186
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks - I was pretty sure I remembered that...

I use my current tablet both to read books and listen to music, and it's mostly the music files that are the rub - I have a lot of them. Also, with my old 16 GB phone, even with an SD card for books/music/photos, I was always running out of on board memory just with apps and bloatware (really difficult model to root) that couldn't be transferred to the SD. It has been a huge relief to go to 32 GB on my current phone and not have to worry about it, so I don't want to put myself back in that place. Sigh, but thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yes.

I think the Fire HD 6 is the best of all the Fire tablets, nice display, sufficiently zippy, fills a unique niche. I have the 16 gb version which is enough for my needs, but obviously one would have to evaluate one's own requirements.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:19 PM   #187
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

deleted

Last edited by Tarana; 10-23-2017 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:36 PM   #188
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
For those of you considering the Woot special, I thought I would post about my first shipment (yes there will be more) from Woot of my Kindle ereaders.

The 7th generation 4G units are refurbished as ordered and indicated. The refurbished look pretty much the same as you would get new - Amazon box, unit encased in plastic within that box, new cord, They feel nice, they look nice. Arrived partially charged - I chose not to register them since at least one will be a gift. No problem with sideloading for testing. Really nice new USB cord. I'm happy with these ($29.99 ea.)

The 5th generation Kindle, which was listed as both refurbished and "Labeled Condition: Used - Acceptable", looks used. Some paint missing, the back has a lot of scratches, slight scratch on the screen. Wasn't even clean - still had finger scum left from the previous owner all around the edges of the screen. It arrived in a ziplock with a new cord. It had no charge. Had to hook this up to my account since you can't use the 3G featured without an account. So far so good, although I will test the 3G when I'm out and about tomorrow. I'm a LITTLE disappointed because I take care of my stuff far better than the prior owner, but I guess I can't whine that much for $20. However, I don't see any indication of refurbishment, so not sure what they did. New battery? I don't know. Does seem to charge well.

Thank you. I have been thinking about getting the 7th generation Kindle. My Kindle Keyboard died.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:51 PM   #189
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

SanDisk One Day Sale -- exp 16 Oct

Deal of the Day: Save up to 25% on select SanDisk memory products
Quote:
Today only, save up to 25% on select SanDisk memory products. This one-day offer is valid on October 16th, 2017, or while supplies last. Applies only to purchases made from Amazon.com and does not apply to products purchased from third-party merchants on the Amazon.com website. Return to the Gold Box.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:28 PM   #190
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Sonos is offering a $25 off coupon for Echo Dots to all its customers

Quote:
Sonos is offering a $25 discount on an Amazon Echo Dot to its customers starting this week, to better help them take advantage of the newly added Alexa integration that’s now in public beta.

The deal is pretty simple: if you’re a Sonos customer, you should be getting a unique code sometime this week with the discount, which marks down the Echo Dot from the usual $49.99 price tag to $24.99.

The only real restrictions are that the deal is good for only a single Echo Dot, and that it has to be bought through Amazon. The promotion will run through October 29th, and is available for customers in the US, UK, and Germany.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:24 PM   #191
Tarana
Wizard

deleted

Last edited by Tarana; 10-23-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:08 AM   #192
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Kindle Paperwhite 3 in "Used-Acceptable" condition is $70.31 from Amazon Warehouse Deals https://smile.amazon.com/gp/offer-li...A2L77EE7U53NWQ
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:57 AM   #193
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Woot Sale -- Today Only -- exp 19 Oct or until sold out

$54.99 -- Amazon Tap Refurbished

Limit 3 -- fulfilled by Amazon -- $5 shipping fee -- 1-year warranty

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-19-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:21 PM   #194
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
Woot was bought by Amazon in the last year or so and it looks like they have fixed a lot of things that caused many complaints in the last 2 years.

Actually, Amazon acquired Woot in 2010 (see Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woot). Any problems since then are on the combined organization.

I used to order from Woot, but since the acquisition, the only thing I've ordered is a used Kindle as a cheap backup.

If anyone misses the old Woot, try Meh.com , which I believe was started by the same guy who originally started Woot. It has the same type of offers and humor as the old Woot.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:55 PM   #195
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
Actually, Amazon acquired Woot in 2010 (see Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woot). Any problems since then are on the combined organization.

I used to order from Woot, but since the acquisition, the only thing I've ordered is a used Kindle as a cheap backup.

If anyone misses the old Woot, try Meh.com , which I believe was started by the same guy who originally started Woot. It has the same type of offers and humor as the old Woot.
I've been watching Meh for a while, but the deals they offer don't seem to be as interesting to me as the old pre-Amazon Woot! deals. I used to find something interesting on old Woot! maybe every few weeks, but haven't yet found anything I really want on Meh. As @bookmarked mentions above, the entertainment/humor aspects of Meh are about the same, but I just don't find much of actual interest amongst the goods on offer. Maybe I'm just older and crankier, and YMMV, but Meh just doesn't do it for me. And nor does new Amazon-owned Woot! Which probably saves me a bunch of money...