Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-10-2017, 07:50 PM   #151
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I caved.

I think the cover ended up costing more than the tablet, but with two additional $10 off (thanks, Alexa) that I discovered when I put them both in the cart, I thought might as well.

Cha-ching!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	158972  
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:59 AM   #152
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
One thing about the lastest Fire tablets is that it's super easy to put Google Play on it. I would like to get a bigger screen. Waiting on Black Friday.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2017, 05:14 AM   #153
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
easy to put Google Play on it
Is there a link for that?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:06 AM   #154
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Is there a link for that?
Very simple, worked fine for us:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ama...-fire-t3486603
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:28 AM   #155
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Ok, after sending a ticket to the nova development site, I suddenly got the page to come up. After entering my audible code, and being informed I was not eligible, I noticed on the card it is for NEW customers ONLY.

I was able to get the 2 months of Music Unlimited going.

Amazon Help was kind enough to add the three credits to my Audible account!

Last edited by booklover6; 09-11-2017 at 10:02 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2017, 09:34 AM   #156
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Question

I want a cheap Android tablet to play a few games not available on iOS. Would the Fire that's on sale work for this? Would 8 gb be enough to install the Google Play store and the games?
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #157
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
I want a cheap Android tablet to play a few games not available on iOS. Would the Fire that's on sale work for this? Would 8 gb be enough to install the Google Play store and the games?
Yes and yes. For what you're using it for, 8GB is plenty.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:19 AM   #158
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm still trying to decide whether to spend an extra $20 to get the Fire 8 instead of the 7 (advice welcome), but in the meantime, one more question. I don't want this device to be one of my six Kindle devices for reading. Will I be able to opt out of that?

Quote:
Old 09-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #159
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Ok, after sending a ticket to the nova development site, I suddenly got the page to come up. After entering my audible code, and being informed I was not eligible, I noticed on the card it is for NEW customers ONLY.

I was able to get the 2 months of Music Unlimited going.

Amazon Help was kind enough to add the three credits to my Audible account!
Great, glad you got the credits.

QVC is still selling the Echo; the price has gone up slightly to $82.56.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #160
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm still trying to decide whether to spend an extra $20 to get the Fire 8 instead of the 7 (advice welcome), but in the meantime, one more question. I don't want this device to be one of my six Kindle devices for reading. Will I be able to opt out of that?
I wouldn't spend the extra $20. For your use, a 7" display is plenty.

As to Kindle, you should be able to choose the devices you wish to use it on. I'd have to look it up.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #161
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I wouldn't spend the extra $20. For your use, a 7" display is plenty.

As to Kindle, you should be able to choose the devices you wish to use it on. I'd have to look it up.
I would pay the extra $20, just for the upgrade to 16gb. In fact, the 16gb 7-inch and the 16gb 8-inch would both be the same price, because of the bigger discount on the 8-inch. Plus you'd have the larger screen for playing games, and the better resolution.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #162
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I would pay the extra $20, just for the upgrade to 16gb. In fact, the 16gb 7-inch and the 16gb 8-inch would both be the same price, because of the bigger discount on the 8-inch. Plus you'd have the larger screen for playing games, and the better resolution.
I don't use my Fire 7 enough to make the improvements in hardware worth it.

I still have my Fire HD 6 and it's my go to tablet for tablety things
Old 09-11-2017, 01:21 PM   #163
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Get the Fire 8; it's a much better value. In addition to better specs on the 8, too much of the 8gb memory on the 7 is taken up by the OS. You can expand the memory, but that is an imperfect solution; not everything will transfer to the SD card.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:39 PM   #164
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe

In case anyone is curious, I ended up ordering the Fire 8, 16 GB, in red. Now I'd better sign up for a gadget-buyers anonymous group. Thanks for the help, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Get the Fire 8; it's a much better value. In addition to better specs on the 8, too much of the 8gb memory on the 7 is taken up by the OS. You can expand the memory, but that is an imperfect solution; not everything will transfer to the SD card.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:43 PM   #165
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
In case anyone is curious, I ended up ordering the Fire 8, 16 GB, in red.
Exactly what my wife got. We named it Li'l Red.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote