Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-04-2016, 10:45 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Kindle 5.7.3

My Kindle Paperwhite just updated. I don't see anything new in the changelog.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:55 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
'General performance improvements' it seems. Maybe some battery drain issues fixed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kindle/comm...now_available/
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Anybody know if the Voyage will get this update? I've been seeing more battery drain since the recent update.

Nevermind; my Voyage *IS* at 5.7.3 I'm not sure if the battery drain I was noticing was before or after 5.7.3. I'll have to watch it for a while .....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:11 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is version 5.7.3.1.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201756220

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=201756220
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:58 PM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
That's only for the Paperwhites, not the Voyage. (I'm not contradicting you, Jon, I just want to make sure people with Voyages don't go looking for it)

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2016, 03:11 PM   #6
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I looks to be only for PW3 Kindles. the PW2 still shows to be 5.7.3
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:46 PM   #7
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
this morning, turning on my kindle voyage, i discovered that it had updated to 5.7.3. i did not remember a prompt asking me to update. but ok, no big deal. then i decided to go ahead and remove the special offers. did so on my amazon account on a pc. moments later, a message shows up on my kindle acknowledging that i had unsubscribed. good. however, i still see ads. i went ahead and restarted the reader. still no change. initiated an update...no change. restarted again. still no change. called amazon for support and after working through all i had previously thought of to do, they finally told me that i had to reset the device for it to take effect. i was not happy, but i did it. and indeed, the reset did the trick. now it's back to side-loading my materials. how many of these special offer removals are botched up like this, i wonder.

share your experience if you have ever removed special offers.

Last edited by rem736; 04-06-2016 at 07:52 PM.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:01 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
When they removed special offers from my Kindle, all I had to do was sync.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #9
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
When they removed special offers from my Kindle, all I had to do was sync.
Same for me...I've bought all of my Kindles with special offers since the option existed, and then I remove them after a couple of weeks (or sooner) I've never had to do anything except sync with Amazon's servers to have them disappear.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:32 PM   #10
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
they finally told me that i had to reset the device for it to take effect. i was not happy, but i did it. and indeed, the reset did the trick. now it's back to side-loading my materials.
I suspect they meant restart (or sync), not Factory Reset.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:34 PM   #11
JimmyG
Zealot
JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Touch, Voyage
Quote:
this morning, turning on my kindle voyage, i discovered that it had updated to 5.7.3. i did not remember a prompt asking me to update. but ok, no big deal. then i decided to go ahead and remove the special offers. did so on my amazon account on a pc. moments later, a message shows up on my kindle acknowledging that i had unsubscribed. good. however, i still see ads. i went ahead and restarted the reader. still no change. initiated an update...no change. restarted again. still no change. called amazon for support and after working through all i had previously thought of to do, they finally told me that i had to reset the device for it to take effect. i was not happy, but i did it. and indeed, the reset did the trick. now it's back to side-loading my materials. how many of these special offer removals are botched up like this, i wonder.

share your experience if you have ever removed special offers.
Way back when, I removed special offers because that "unlock" thing every time I turned it on annoyed the heck out of me. I had a similar experience. They went away, then the next time I turned it on they were back. After trying everything I could think of without success, I got Kindle Help on chat. The first opr told me to try this, try that... All the things I had already tried. I got a second opr, same thing. Not even the factory reset worked. Finally she had me go into some mode, which I forget, and enter a looong number, I mean like 20+ digits. Then another one. On the third one I said, "Are you kidding me?" She apologized, but no help for it. I had to enter 5, five, of these 20+ digit numbers. Fortunately the thing was smart enough to tell me when I had gotten a number wrong and let me reenter it. After all that, it was like a factory reset, I had to re-register and download my books. I lost a couple which I had loaded locally and no longer had access to.

Last edited by JimmyG; 04-07-2016 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Remembered something
JimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:35 PM   #12
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I suspect they meant restart (or sync), not Factory Reset.
restarting did not take care of it. i did so quite a few times. syncing multiple times did not take care of it either.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:18 AM   #13
LovesEBooks
LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
restarting did not take care of it. i did so quite a few times. syncing multiple times did not take care of it either.
Are you talking about ads or is it the recommended reads at the bottom of the screen? The recommended books is a separate option on the device itself. Not sure if that's the issue but hope it helps!
LovesEBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:13 PM   #14
rem736
purpose priority passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesEBooks View Post
Are you talking about ads or is it the recommended reads at the bottom of the screen? The recommended books is a separate option on the device itself. Not sure if that's the issue but hope it helps!
ads...not recommendations. it's moot. the reset corrected it.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:33 PM   #15
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
My Kindle Paperwhite just updated. I don't see anything new in the changelog.
I now have 5.7.3.1 on my PW2 and the Helvetica font is back to being darker, thank God. If it also fixes the battery drain problem I'll be in PW love again.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote