Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2016, 04:21 AM   #1
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Taking notes when not reading books

Sometimes I would like to take notes when using the reader, but notes that has nothing to do with any books I'm reading.

The notepad feature in the PB chess bundle seems to have a bug but with a workaround. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=708

Anyone know of other options, perhaps easier to use from nickel mode which I normally use?

I've read something about something called sketchpad but can't find anything about it really. Someone said it could be activated through Settings, but I don't find it on my Glo HD. And can it be used to write from keyboard?

Last edited by marp68; 09-13-2016 at 04:28 AM.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:49 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There isn't one, it is an ereader after all The suggestion that has been made is to add a dummy book and add some annotations to that. The you can edit those annotations.

"Sketchpad" is exactly what the the name suggests, a sketch pad. It is one of the beta features on the older devices. It is not on the Glo HD or later.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2016, 07:13 AM   #3
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I have a dummy document with a bunch of spread out topic words in it. That way, when I make a note, I can attach it to one of the topic words to keep them organized.

Or I use google keep on another device.

I don't use sketch pad often, but if it disappears, I'll be very sad to see it go. I've used it more than once to sketch something when I couldn't find a piece of scratch paper. And I can't easily replace that with an app on a (smaller) android device.

Last edited by compurandom; 09-13-2016 at 07:22 AM.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:31 AM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I have the Sketch Pad tile on my Glo HD homescreen. I'm not sure when it was snuck in, but you can now select those tiles to show through the Kobo Utilities plugin, Display Extra Tiles on Homescreen.

It's only a very basic functioning sketch pad though, nothing like the Sony readers had, it was quite fun on the Sony. With Kobo's version, you just scribble your brief note with your finger, and either save it or clear it entirely. There is no eraser function, so if you really want to use it for doodling, it's not very good for that. But I do occasionally use for brief notes when I'm out though.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:19 AM   #5
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Okej, thanks.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert