Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-22-2015, 10:04 PM   #1
truth1ness
Zealot
truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
How to access metadata in books synced through Connect To Folder?

Those of you using the "Connect To Folder" feature to sync books, how are you actually using and organizing your books on the destination device since there's no metadata.db or OPDS file?

I've used Connect To Folder to sync many of my books to my Dropbox for iPhone access. It's a bit hard to navigate this huge list of books on the iPhone Dropbox app without my metadata, though. I tried to create an OPDS file/server with calibre2opds but it can't because there is no metadata.db file. There is a file called ".metadata.calibre", is this the same thing as metadata.db with a different name? Even if it is I don't see any way to tell calibre2opds to use it. Is there any way to make an OPDS?

If not, is there any other way to create some organization or access the metadata or create a proper metadata.db file for the folder?
truth1ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:38 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth1ness View Post
Those of you using the "Connect To Folder" feature to sync books, how are you actually using and organizing your books on the destination device since there's no metadata.db or OPDS file?

I've used Connect To Folder to sync many of my books to my Dropbox for iPhone access. It's a bit hard to navigate this huge list of books on the iPhone Dropbox app without my metadata, though. I tried to create an OPDS file/server with calibre2opds but it can't because there is no metadata.db file. There is a file called ".metadata.calibre", is this the same thing as metadata.db with a different name? Even if it is I don't see any way to tell calibre2opds to use it. Is there any way to make an OPDS?
When running Calibre2opds you run it against the actual Calibre library, and then tell it where to put the results. In this case it sounds as if you have tried to run Calibre2opds against the location where you want the results placed, not the location where your actual library is located. From what you said I assume that your Calibre library is not stored directly in DropBox? I am guessing that you probably want to run in 'Publish' mode with the Destination folder being the location within your DropBox folder you want the results to be placed.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert