Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-20-2017, 11:44 PM   #2461
Bixel925
Bixel925 began at the beginning.

Device: Droid Turbo
I'm trying to use FFF to download stories via e-mail and can do it manually, but I was wondering if there is a way for FFF to automatically download stories as I receive the e-mails.
Bixel925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:54 AM   #2462
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
How about:

AO3 doesn't allow download of (%s) by tools such as FanFicFare. Automated user/password login is blocked by AO3.
They all work for me.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2017, 10:19 AM   #2463
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixel925 View Post
I'm trying to use FFF to download stories via e-mail and can do it manually, but I was wondering if there is a way for FFF to automatically download stories as I receive the e-mails.
If you mean you're copying or dragging story URLs from email into FFF to download, yes, there are settings on FFF config on the Email tab that you can set so FFF will fetch the story URLs from email for you when you do 'Get Story URLs from Email' in FFF (I assigned it a keyboard shortcut/hotkey).

If you're asking if FFF can constantly monitor you email so you don't have to do 'Get Story URLs from Email', no, it can't do that. I recommend using a keyboard shortcut/hotkey so it's a one-step process.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:27 PM   #2464
Bixel925

Quote:
If you mean you're copying or dragging story URLs from email into FFF to download, yes, there are settings on FFF config on the Email tab that you can set so FFF will fetch the story URLs from email for you when you do 'Get Story URLs from Email' in FFF (I assigned it a keyboard shortcut/hotkey).

If you're asking if FFF can constantly monitor you email so you don't have to do 'Get Story URLs from Email', no, it can't do that. I recommend using a keyboard shortcut/hotkey so it's a one-step process.
So I've figured out the shortcut key to tell it to look for books (will figure out automation later) but it still requires me to manually tell it to go ahead and update the stories that it has found. Is there a way to skip or automate that as well?
Old 09-21-2017, 12:29 PM   #2465
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Test Version Posted

2017-09-21
- Fix parsing of author name for webnovel.com (hopefully) (#232) -- thanks, cryzed
- Thread URLs only for xenforo emails, plus cleanup a little.
Advert
Old 09-21-2017, 12:30 PM   #2466
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixel925 View Post
So I've figured out the shortcut key to tell it to look for books (will figure out automation later) but it still requires me to manually tell it to go ahead and update the stories that it has found. Is there a way to skip or automate that as well?
If you mean the 'Proceed with updating your Library' dialog, no there isn't. That's a limitation of Calibre and plugins, not FFF itself.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:48 PM   #2467
Bixel925

Quote:
If you mean the 'Proceed with updating your Library' dialog, no there isn't. That's a limitation of Calibre and plugins, not FFF itself.
That is what I meant and crap -.- I was hoping to have it fully automated as the laptop that I'm using for Calibre has a dead screen and the best way to use it is via TeamViewer or similar program. If anyone figures out a way to automate the "Proceed with updating your Library" button, please let me know with a DM or something.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Bixel925; 09-21-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:08 AM   #2468
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Do you think in the future it'll be possible for restricted stories (that require logging in to read) will be able to be downloaded into Calibre? I'm running across more of these stories, now that it seems the login no longer works.

Example: https://archiveofourown.org/series/592534
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:38 AM   #2469
ThatLibraryRat
ThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Frontlite Muse
Quote:
What wording would you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
I also had to read it through a few times, because I knew you would have written it that way for a reason. Once I 'got' it, it made sense. The 'and' kept tripping me up. I think just the minuscule changes below would help, but that is my opinion only.

"AO3 doesn't allow download of (<storyurl>) without login. User/password login by automated tools such as FanFicFare is blocked by AO3 site."

"AO3 doesn't allow download of (<storyurl>) without login but user/password login by automated tools such as FanFicFare is blocked by AO3 site."

Perhaps @ThatLibraryRat could weigh in if that clears things up?
All your versions work better. I prefer @MerlinMama's though, they are clearer to me.
It may be because I am a French native speaker (from France, Canadian are so lucky) and I picked up English by reading stories, diverse forums and speaking with people? I'm closer to Eminem's tongue than Shakespeare's if you pardon me the reference.

Quote:
I follow that story too and it updated fine for me today. Do you have at least v2.17.1 of FFF?

Also, can you be more specific about how you are trying to update it and the response you get?
I had the version before today's calibre update but it was the latest at the time.
The thing that was strange is that https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...p-card.309036/ updated without problem.

I have had strange errors with Calibre (mostly with communication/display of my ereader) so I think I need to find how to reinstall it totally without wiping my library too. Maybe it's one of those glitches.

(P.S.: good taste in story @JimmXinu !)
ThatLibraryRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #2470
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Do you think in the future it'll be possible for restricted stories (that require logging in to read) will be able to be downloaded into Calibre? I'm running across more of these stories, now that it seems the login no longer works.
Maybe.

Looking at the AO3 news log, it sounds like their recent login changes have been to work around problems with their web framework (Rails). I had assumed it was deliberate security blocking. So I'll look into it again.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:46 AM   #2471
Chrystalline
Enthusiast
Chrystalline began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
"AO3 doesn't allow download of (<storyurl>) without login. User/password login by automated tools such as FanFicFare is blocked by AO3 site."

"AO3 doesn't allow download of (<storyurl>) without login but user/password login by automated tools such as FanFicFare is blocked by AO3 site."
Personally, I'm always editing the FFF Errors column to delete the story URLs so there are only a few choices in the column, rather than a different tag for each and every story, so I have "Story does not exist" for the ones that have been deleted, and "URL is not a valid story URL" for the ones from non-FFF-supported sites.

I'd suggest "Locked story. AO3 doesn't allow automated login."
Chrystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:16 PM   #2472
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2017-09-22
- Add AO3 login back with special call for auth token.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:57 PM   #2473
kstar
kstar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
search the forum couldn't find what I was looking for....

I've seen example of specific exclusion based on conditions statements but not total exclusion.

Request: Basically I want to block the whole enchilada -- "characters" and those numerous extra or freeform tags.

I don't care about the individual character listings... you kinda know the characters already from the "fandom" itself. It just adds bulk to my database.

I don't care about the arbitrary assignment of freeform or extra tags especially popular in AO3. . (I prefer to assign my own after reading the fic anyway)

I want to block things like: warnings, characters, genre, extratags (or is freeform)

I want to keep: fandom/category, ships, words, update, status, published
kstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:26 PM   #2474
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstar View Post
I want to block things like: warnings, characters, genre, extratags (or is freeform)

I want to keep: fandom/category, ships, words, update, status, published
It depends on where you're talking about.

If you mean in the title page, you can adjust it with the titlepage_entries setting in personal.ini. If you put it in [overrides] and clear extra/add_to_titlepage_entries, you can guarantee you'll only get those metadata items. Like so:

Code:
[overrides]
# Placed in overrides to make sure it affects all sites and formats.
titlepage_entries:category,ships,numWords,dateUpdated,status,datePublished
# a few sites add site-specific metadata to titlepage_entries
add_to_titlepage_entries:
# superceded by add_to_titlepage_entries, but a few sites use it in defaults.ini
extra_titlepage_entries:
If you mean in Calibre's Tags field, you need to adjust the settings for include_subject_tags.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:07 PM   #2475
kstar
kstar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I want my HTML contains all the information from site.... an authentic archival file.

I am talking about the Calibre database record itself.
kstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction