Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #2431
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Can I collect metadata from a txt-file?

It's set-up like this:
FanFicFare does not have the ability to read metadata from a text file.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #2432
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
What if I convert it to an epub first?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2017, 01:47 PM   #2433
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_reads View Post
Hi,

I'm also having trouble downloading from AO3.

Story: https://archiveofourown.org/series/335026
FailedToLogin: Failed to Login for URL: (https://archiveofourown.org/series/335026) with username: (XXXXXXXX)
The AO3 login that's kludged into the get_urls_from_page method isn't working anymore. Nor can I figure out how to make it work.

But the good news is that it doesn't look like it's necessary anymore most of the time--AO3 doesn't seem to be hiding mature/explicit story links from lists without login anymore.

So I'm going to remove that login code in the next test version. Note that 'Restricted' (user-only) stories won't show up, but it's at least less broken...
Old 09-13-2017, 01:59 PM   #2434
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
What if I convert it to an epub first?
FanFicFare does not have the ability to read metadata from any format file. It reads metadata from the web sites.

If you already had FFF configured to save metadata to a long text column (FFF config->Custom Columns tab->Saved Metadata setting near the bottom) before you last updated a book, you can update other columns for that book from the saved column with 'Update Calibre Metadata from Saved Metadata Column'.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:29 PM   #2435
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted

2017-09-13
- Remove AO3 login from get_urls_from_page--login is failing and it isn't required anymore for 'adult'. 'Restricted' (user-only) won't work.
- Plugin: Save 'Show Download Options' check in gprefs like dialog geometries.
Advert
Old 09-13-2017, 10:05 PM   #2436
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Functioning as designed.

FFF assumes that you gave it a post link (instead of a threadlink) on purpose, so it's treating that post as an index post. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to tell when you want to intentionally ignore the threadmarks in favor of an index post.
I was just a bit surprised since it was a link to a threadmarked post not just a post in a thread that has threadmarks.

But I suppose this makes sense, although I myself am not really sure what the use-case might be I suppose I am missing something

Quote:
You are seeing two separate issues here.

First, the content of the first chapter is wrong because of a site change. Pickup the most recent test version to correct it and get the content of the first post.

Second, the first chapter is named 'First Post' because that's the default configuration.

When running in index-post mode, the index post given (or first post of a thread w/o threadmarks) will be included as the first chapter. You can change the title of that first chapter with the first_post_title setting in a story-specific ini section using the story URL. Eg:

Code:
[https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/wail-of-the-banshee-worm-warframe-crossover.277863/]
first_post_title:[1.1]
Note that due to changes requested by Xon of SB/SV, FanFicFare now uses the full thread URL now. Sections [https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...sover.277863/] and [https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/277863/] in the ini are both recognized and used.
Thanks! Yeah, this is working as expected now.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:01 AM   #2437
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I was just a bit surprised since it was a link to a threadmarked post not just a post in a thread that has threadmarks.

But I suppose this makes sense, although I myself am not really sure what the use-case might be I suppose I am missing something
I've seen cases where the index post and a couple others are threadmarked, but not the actual chapter posts.

And sometimes there's a post of links, like for omake posts, that's included in the threadmarks, but is a separate index.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:41 AM   #2438
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I've tried with different versions of the following line, but none of them works, I have multiple characters with an / in the name.

Code:
    characters,ships=>Doc/Dr\. Emmett Brown=>Emmett Brown&&category=>Back to the Future
    characters,ships=>Doc=>Emmett Brown&&category=>Back to the Future
    characters,ships=>Dr\. Emmett Brown=>Emmett Brown&&category=>Back to the Future
The name is Doc/Dr. Emmett Brown. I've also tried changing the Jr. or JR. (or Sr. or SR.) to the full-length (Junior or Senior) without any luck.

Code:
    characters,ships=>Marty Jr\. M\.=>Marty McFly Junior&&category=>Back to the Future
Here's a link to a story that includes both problems: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1262632...me-chapter-one
Old 09-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #2439
chrnno
Enthusiast
chrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with others

Device: Samsung Galaxy J2
Quote:
I've tried with different versions of the following line, but none of them works, I have multiple characters with an / in the name.

Code:
    characters,ships=>Doc/Dr\. Emmett Brown=>Emmett Brown&&category=>Back to the Future
    characters,ships=>Doc=>Emmett Brown&&category=>Back to the Future
    characters,ships=>Dr\. Emmett Brown=>Emmett Brown&&category=>Back to the Future
The name is Doc/Dr. Emmett Brown. I've also tried changing the Jr. or JR. (or Sr. or SR.) to the full-length (Junior or Senior) without any luck.

Code:
    characters,ships=>Marty Jr\. M\.=>Marty McFly Junior&&category=>Back to the Future
Here's a link to a story that includes both problems: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1262632...me-chapter-one
The first and fourth replacements work. The second one gives me "Emmett Brown/Dr. Emmett Brown" and the third gives "Doc/Emmett Brown". Which is what I expected from them.

From your post I understood that nothing is changed? Then I don't think the issue is with this part of your personal.ini
chrnno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:27 PM   #2440
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I'll look at it again, maybe I missed something.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:05 PM   #2441
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 2.17.1 - 14 Sep 2017
- Update Translations.
- Remove AO3 login from get_urls_from_page--login is failing and it isn't required anymore for 'adult'. 'Restricted' (user-only) won't work.
- Plugin: Save 'Show Download Options' check in gprefs like dialog geometries.
- Fixes for QQ and AH changes.
- base_xenforo: Fix for extended chars in threadmark chapter names.
- base_xenforo: Couple small fixes for corner cases. -- Except one of them isn't, I think it would be pretty common; namely a notice being using as first chapter.
- adapter_literotica: Build the chapter a little better especially if there is mutiple pages (#225) - Thanks, davidfor
- base_xenforo: Use '/posts/' not 'post' to find thread vs post URLs.
- Add sectionUrl metadata and mechanism for internally normalizing story URLs *and* [story URL] sections. For base_xenforo when including thread titles in storyUrl. Doesn't effect base_xenforo *post* URLs.
- base_xenforo: Move skip_threadmarks_categories to save a fetch if skipping anyway. Will also effect minimum_threadmarks.
- base_xenforo: Don't include thread title in *chapter* url, perfomance impact is smaller and keeps from marking a bunch of stuff (new).
- Add delays for base_xenforoforum_adapter.
- Use thread-title URL for storyUrl with base_xenforo to save redirect fetches.
- Comment out some debug output.
- Remove webnovel.com manual escaping of HTML entities, the website now seems to take care of it (#224)--thanks cryzed

FYI, v2.17.1 is just for Plugin Translations; otherwise it's identical to v2.17.0 in GitHub. v2.17.0 plugin was never released.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:41 AM   #2442
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Remove AO3 Login

AO3 has increased the complexity of their login to the point that I'm more inclined to remove support for AO3 login rather than chase it down the rabbit hole.

Since AO3 now shows 'adult' links to non-logged in users, this will only effect user-only 'restricted' stories. And AO3 has their own ebook format downloads anyway.

Opinions?
Old 09-15-2017, 03:25 PM   #2443
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Remove AO3 Login

Opinions?
I´d prefer the possibility to download it with FFF

Pro:
- I do not particularly like AO3´s ebook format
- all the tags, characters etc. are missing and have to be added by hand
- updating is not possible
- all the entries in personal.ini to change metadata have no effect

Con:
(for me there would be no disadvantages but I do not have to integrate it )
- how many stories are restricted? It is worth the effort if it is only a few stories?

--> I think it depends if it´s very complicated or complex to work in the changes. If the result justifies the expense.

edit: How does it affect the "Get StoryURL´s from Email" ?

Last edited by ILB; 09-15-2017 at 03:37 PM.
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #2444
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Question: if it needs a login, will we be asked? I seem to remember this happening (maybe not for AO3) before I set up my personal.ini the first time.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #2445
lisahboone
lisahboone began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
Question: if it needs a login, will we be asked? I seem to remember this happening (maybe not for AO3) before I set up my personal.ini the first time.
It will ask you [it did for me] but the login/password I entered were not accepted to update. Also, if making an anthology/series or getting urls from page it will skip those stories when retrieving urls
lisahboone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction