Notices

Old 08-10-2017, 03:13 AM   #2386
edeniz
Zealot
edeniz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Tolino Shine, Samsung Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post

Dunno. Copying your [ksarchive.com] section to my CLI personal.ini, I get what I expect. But doing it in calibre, I get what you report. Need to investigate more.
That sounds really rather strange. But very much for fixing it! I am so relieved!

Quote:

Nope, I don't know about that metadata. There are already 5 different 'notes' that can be included (or excluded) and a dozen or more site specific metadata from AO3. We do not appear to have a way to include that right now, but I'll check into it.
Thanks for fixing that too. I had not realised that the "inspired by" data was not part of the authorheadnotes. I was merely wondering if fanficfare was, be it accidentally or intentionally, refusing to include any links in authornotes, since it really did look like it was part of those notes.

But, um, not to sound ungrateful, but if you decided to include that "inspired by" metadata anyway: I think this story link (https://archiveofourown.org/works/5339486) would be a better example for the "inspired by" metadata, and the fix you made does not quite work with links like this one.
edeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:28 PM   #2387
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edeniz View Post
But, um, not to sound ungrateful, but if you decided to include that "inspired by" metadata anyway: I think this story link (https://archiveofourown.org/works/5339486) would be a better example for the "inspired by" metadata, and the fix you made does not quite work with links like this one.
Of course there is.

I'll add it, but it's going to be a separate thing because it's not in the authorfootnotes.

Speaking of which, any chance you have an example of a story with 'inspired by' link(s) in the first chapter without authorheadnotes?
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2017, 05:56 PM   #2388
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New test version posted

2017-08-10
- Escape webnovel.com chapter texts for HTML, thanks cryzed
- Add AO3 inspiredlinks after last chapter.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:39 AM   #2389
edeniz
Zealot
edeniz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Tolino Shine, Samsung Galaxy S3
Quote:
Of course there is.

I'll add it, but it's going to be a separate thing because it's not in the authorfootnotes.

Speaking of which, any chance you have an example of a story with 'inspired by' link(s) in the first chapter without authorheadnotes?
Sorry!

I think AO3 puts these "inspired" links only in the headnotes and at the end. There is no other place for them, at least not that I've seen. (I have never come across a multichapter AO3 work where there is suddenly an "inspired by" link in one of the chapter notes in the middle.) There is a huge amount of works on AO3 with such interlinking (it's part of AO3's appeal for things like remix or big bang challenges, to be able to interlink several works in this way), but it's either in the first chapter's note - if the story is a oneshot - or it's at the end of the work - when it's multi-chapter. So don't worry, you won't get another, "but it's also different in this story" interjection - at least not from me.

Seriously, basically these example links cover all variations on that whole inspired linking thing:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/2717900
https://archiveofourown.org/works/5339486
https://archiveofourown.org/works/942129

And all three of them work perfectly with the new test version.

You're a treasure!
edeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:40 AM   #2390
crimsonsnow
Enthusiast
crimsonsnow began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura, FBReader
Hello,
I don't know when it's started, but recently I got problem creating anthology from website in AO3 (It's fine with URLs), I thought it's because of http/ https, but apparently it isn't, is this a common bug or is there anything I can do to fix it?
Thanks.
crimsonsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2017, 10:40 AM   #2391
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeniz View Post
...And all three of them work perfectly with the new test version.
Okay, we'll call it done, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsnow View Post
I don't know when it's started, but recently I got problem creating anthology from website in AO3 (It's fine with URLs), I thought it's because of http/ https, but apparently it isn't, is this a common bug or is there anything I can do to fix it?
You're going to have to be more specific.

What are some story URLs you see the problem with? What exactly is the problem? What is the reported error message? Run calibre in debug mode (Calibre Preferences drop-down) while trying it and post the debug log you get after quitting calibre.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:48 AM   #2392
crimsonsnow
Enthusiast
crimsonsnow began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura, FBReader
Quote:
Okay, we'll call it done, then.

You're going to have to be more specific.

What are some story URLs you see the problem with? What exactly is the problem? What is the reported error message? Run calibre in debug mode (Calibre Preferences drop-down) while trying it and post the debug log you get after quitting calibre.
Hello, sorry that it's pretty vague... I remembered trying to make anthology a few times and they always giving me error messages even when I tried to make the anthology from a series, the author, or their bookmarks. Haven't done it for some time yet, but I've just tried to make an anthology, everything works fine. Case closed I guess (as I can't retrieve the error message in the job history so can't explain), thank you though. Good job so far!
crimsonsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:20 PM   #2393
Den18
Den18 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Still having problems updating/downloading from spacebattles. Same href errors as others. Do I have to do anything apart from install the latest plugin?
Den18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:24 PM   #2394
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted

2017-08-14
- AO3 - drop out of use_view_full_work when missing chapters.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:06 AM   #2395
Ser4nb2LUY6e
Connoisseur
Ser4nb2LUY6e began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro on Android
Trying to download http://gravitytales.com/novel/quanzhi-fashi fails with "list index out of range" error.

Maybe because it starts with Chapter 0?
Ser4nb2LUY6e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #2396
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ser4nb2LUY6e View Post
Trying to download http://gravitytales.com/novel/quanzhi-fashi fails with "list index out of range" error.

Maybe because it starts with Chapter 0?
Already fixed in test version.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:40 AM   #2397
Ser4nb2LUY6e
Connoisseur
Ser4nb2LUY6e began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro on Android
Quote:
Already fixed in test version.
I was already using the test version from 2017-08-10 (for the webnovels fix) when I got that error, and updating to the latest test version didn't make a difference. (EDIT: and download of other stories from gravitytales works)
Ser4nb2LUY6e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:43 PM   #2398
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ser4nb2LUY6e View Post
I was already using the test version from 2017-08-10 (for the webnovels fix) when I got that error, and updating to the latest test version didn't make a difference. (EDIT: and download of other stories from gravitytales works)
cryzed's last changes make it work differently in plugin and CLI (where I do my first-pass testing). I'll drop him a note.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #2399
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Fixed here.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #2400
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted

2017-08-15
- Fix for gravitytales.com--thanks cryzed!

Tags
fanfiction