Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 09:01 PM   #2371
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I've seen this story. It has two maps in SVG format in one of the last chapters. I'm guessing the problem is retrieving these or there is some error in the page code holding them.

@JimmXinu: Does FFF handle SVG images? I can look at the adapter and story, but if FFF doesn't handle SVG images, I'm not sure what I'd do.
Apparently not. I'm not sure off hand, but the 'no image processing' setting might help.

I'm traveling with limited access this week, so my help is limited too.

Disabling image download for that story should certainly work.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:38 PM   #2372
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Apparently not. I'm not sure off hand, but the 'no image processing' setting might help.

I'm traveling with limited access this week, so my help is limited too.

Disabling image download for that story should certainly work.
OK. I'll have a look if I get bored this week.

@dwraith0877: The images are two maps. One of Israel and a detailed section (the Gaza strip I think). Handy to have when reading away from a connection, but not vital. Turning off downloading the images for the story will work. But, if you want them, send me a PM and I can organise something.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2017, 03:20 AM   #2373
Ser4nb2LUY6e
Connoisseur
Ser4nb2LUY6e began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro on Android
The latest update on webnovel.com seems to break the adapter (both the latest release and the latest test version).
Ser4nb2LUY6e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:41 AM   #2374
Arkeus
Enthusiast
Arkeus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
sufficientvelocity and spacebattles forums both give a href error.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:10 AM   #2375
matteo65
matteo65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Paperwhite
This site give me error message: No Valid Story URLs found on given page.
Long time ago this site was working perfectly.
Maybe the problem is the pop-up window with a warning message, where you have to click OK before you start reading the chapter:
"Tizennyolc éven aluliak számára nem ajánlott."

https://www.fanfic.hu/merengo/viewstory.php?sid=123887
matteo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #2376
botmtl
Enthusiast
botmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel is

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo65 View Post
This site give me error message: No Valid Story URLs found on given page.
Long time ago this site was working perfectly.
Maybe the problem is the pop-up window with a warning message, where you have to click OK before you start reading the chapter:
"Tizennyolc éven aluliak számára nem ajánlott."

https://www.fanfic.hu/merengo/viewstory.php?sid=123887
In essence, the message is "correct", you are not using the right url.
Try http://www.fanfic.hu/merengo/viewstory.php?sid=123887

I made a pull request to allow you to enter urls with https (as well as http) for that site. https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/pull/209/files

Last edited by botmtl; 08-04-2017 at 02:52 PM.
botmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:24 PM   #2377
lumlydwt
lumlydwt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
same as Arkeus

sufficientvelocity and spacebattles forums both give a href error.

so its a site thing not an individual thing
lumlydwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:54 AM   #2378
Ser4nb2LUY6e
Connoisseur
Ser4nb2LUY6e began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro on Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ser4nb2LUY6e View Post
The latest update on webnovel.com seems to break the adapter (both the latest release and the latest test version).
The problem seems to be limited to how the last update date is determined, the information is no longer directly present in the html and is generated by executing java script in the page. For now I just commented out the 3 relevant code lines in the plugin and can again download new and updated books (minus the last update date).

EDIT: correction, they seem to have added annoying video ads to the last chapter or two that you need to watch if you want to get the full chapter text.

It would be fine if FanFicFare simply doesn't include these chapters in the produced epub at all, so that an update after the chapters become "free" just downloads them, but the way it's now it's hell to have to remove these chapters from the epubs before running another update (to get the full versions once available).

Last edited by Ser4nb2LUY6e; 08-05-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Ser4nb2LUY6e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:39 PM   #2379
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New test version posted

2017-08-05
- Fix xenforo threadmarks change for SB/SV.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #2380
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted

2017-08-07
- Calibre image processing chokes on SVG images. Rejects svg images--use no_image_processing to include svg images.
- Make default for fanfic.hu https, thanks botmtl.
- Fixes for webnovel.com site changes (PR #206), thanks cryzed.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #2381
edeniz
Zealot
edeniz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Tolino Shine, Samsung Galaxy S3
Hi, guys, I've got a few questions.

I've got a problem with the ksarchive. Specifically the extras "universe" and "crossoverfandom".
1) Unless I have this blank line in the ini
Code:
extra_titlepage_entries:
I get extra titlepage entries at the end right under "summary" for "universe" and "crossoverfandom" even if the titlepage entries for ksarchive has already listed them at the very beginning.
2) With my ini configuration I have specified that these two categories should be included in "category", and while that works for *calibre's tags* (It shows all 3 of them under my column "fandom"), in the story's titlepage entry that is definitely not the case. See attached examples. Unless I add "universe" and "crossoverfandom" in the list of titlepage entries, the category only ever shows "Star Trek", while my calibre column "fandom" shows all of them.

What am I doing wrong here? It's been a long time since I last read any stories from the ksarchive, but I seem to have lost any relevant ini configs for this archive, and I could have sworn that there was mention of some sort of workaround for it here in this thread but can't seem to find it anymore. I'd be grateful for any hints in the right direction. I feel like I'm yet again missing an obvious.

Example links: http://ksarchive.com/viewstory.php?sid=6925
http://ksarchive.com/viewstory.php?sid=5414

I've also attached my personal.ini to better demonstrate what I mean.

On another note: Something I noticed recently has baffled me a bit. You know how there is on AO3 stories this whole "works inspired by this one" part at the end? The one that never gets included when we're downloading an AO3 story? There are stories, like the following example, where the author includes the "inspired by" links in the notes, but when fanficfare downloads the story, that part is disregarded. I'm a bit baffled how that is possible when it's seemingly part of the ANs. Not that I'm saying the "works inspired by" links should be included in a download (if I cared for those works I'd download them anyway and mark as a series in calibre or something), I'm just curious as to how it can be left out. Does fanficfare simply automatically delete any links provided in author notes or something? Fanficfare has the option for AO3 where we can choose not to include the ANs, but isn't that off by default?

Example link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/2717900

Thank you kindly in advance for the help!
Attached Files
File Type: txt personal-ini.txt (4.5 KB, 121 views)
File Type: epub inspiration.epub (9.7 KB, 128 views)
File Type: epub crime_of_conscience.epub (15.7 KB, 154 views)
edeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #2382
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeniz View Post
I've got a problem with the ksarchive. Specifically the extras "universe" and "crossoverfandom".
1) Unless I have this blank line in the ini
Code:
extra_titlepage_entries:
I get extra titlepage entries at the end right under "summary" for "universe" and "crossoverfandom" even if the titlepage entries for ksarchive has already listed them at the very beginning.
defaults.ini has extra_titlepage_entries:universe,crossoverfandom in section [ksarchive.com]. I don't remember why that site has that settting (assuming I ever knew)--most site settings don't.

But you've already figured out the correct fix: extra_titlepage_entries: in that section in personal.ini.

Quote:
2) With my ini configuration I have specified that these two categories should be included in "category", and while that works for *calibre's tags* (It shows all 3 of them under my column "fandom"), in the story's titlepage entry that is definitely not the case.
Dunno. Copying your [ksarchive.com] section to my CLI personal.ini, I get what I expect. But doing it in calibre, I get what you report. Need to investigate more.

Quote:
On another note: Something I noticed recently has baffled me a bit. You know how there is on AO3 stories this whole "works inspired by this one" part at the end? The one that never gets included when we're downloading an AO3 story? ...
Nope, I don't know about that metadata. There are already 5 different 'notes' that can be included (or excluded) and a dozen or more site specific metadata from AO3. We do not appear to have a way to include that right now, but I'll check into it.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:46 PM   #2383
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted

2017-08-08
- Fix AO3 always_login and bookmarktags/bookmarksummary site metadata.
- Save AO3 'associations' link 'inspired by' links -- included with authorheadnotes.
- Limit adapter_wuxiaworldcom removed links to prev/next chapter.
- Don't cache metadata list while building from include_in_ -- Calibre version causes problems with removeallentities=True vs False cache.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:03 PM   #2384
Bixel925
Bixel925 began at the beginning.

Device: Droid Turbo
So I've recently installed FanFicFare to my Calibre and I was wondering if anyone has found a way to link it to my FIMFiction libraries. I'd like for FFF to add any stories I add to my libraries as well as keep them updated. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Bixel925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:28 AM   #2385
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I'm pretty sure you'd have to add the links yourself.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction