Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-05-2018, 12:26 PM   #691
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Hasn't Bookland website closed down?
nope, still alive
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #692
zelenukhin
zelenukhin began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 2
Hello! I am the owner of PocketBook Touch HD 2. I unpacked the last firmware 5.17 and looked at its contents. Especially for new devices able to change the temperature of the backlight appeared 2 new functions: GetFrontlightColor and SetFrontlightColor. They are similar to features and GetFrontlightState SetFrontlightState which change the brightness of the backlight. It would be cool if the new version of Coolreader has support for these functions. For example, scrolling on the right side would change the brightness of the backlight, and scrolling on the left side of the backlight temperature. Or at least support for increasing and decreasing the temperature of the backlight using tap zones.

Last edited by zelenukhin; 02-08-2018 at 06:21 PM.
zelenukhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2018, 10:00 AM   #693
zelenukhin

Hello, everyone. I am recompiled latest CoolReader for support of change of temperature of the backlight. It is relevant only to users of PocketBook Touch HD 2 (631 Plus in Russia) and Inkpad 3 (740 in Russia).
The principle is as follows. If you swipe up and down on the right half of the screen, the backlight brightness changes. If you swipe up down on the left side of the screen the backlight temperature changes.
I also changed the extensions.cfg default CoolReader needs to open the files, fb2 and epub. He also replaced the skin for Pocket Book 631 with the skin from dizone (4pda.ru).
https://yadi.sk/d/NP0ahbGi3SFD2V

Who CoolReader is already installed you can just change the file \system\share\cr3\bin\cr3-pb.app in the book to a file with the same location from the archive.

Last edited by zelenukhin; 02-09-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:27 AM   #694
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hi man, I just pushed a commit with this )
https://github.com/blchinezu/pocketb...00f798eda0cb83
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:38 AM   #695
zelenukhin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
Hi man, I just pushed a commit with this )
https://github.com/blchinezu/pocketb...00f798eda0cb83
Cool
You still need to update the SDK. You need a file libinkview.so from the latest firmware?
Advert
Old 02-09-2018, 11:55 AM   #696
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

If you can, sure, please post the library.

I've made CR3 dynamically load the functions from libinkview only if they're available though. So, in theory, I wouldn't need it. I still need some feedback on this as my Touch Lux 3 doesn't have the firmware or hardware to test.
Also, @zelenukhin, if you want you can make pull requests in GITHUB. This way you could get your changes in the OTA updates.

So... If anyone wants to help and test the DEV build, please get it from HERE or OTA update from the dev branch and let me know if vertically swiping on the left side of the screen changes the color of the front light.

I assumed the color functions work like the brightness ones (values between 0 and 100). Having no concrete documentation or inkview header... things might crash.

Changes in this build:
- vertically swiping on the left side of the screen changes front light color
- updated the pb631 skin
- minor changes to the pb626 skin

Please let me know if it works.
Thanks.

Last edited by brucelee; 02-09-2018 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:06 PM   #697
zelenukhin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
So... If anyone wants to help and test the DEV build, please get it from HERE or OTA update from the dev branch and let me know if vertically swiping on the left side of the screen changes the color of the front light.
Please let me know if it works.
Thanks.
Tested-everything works
Old 02-09-2018, 01:09 PM   #698
zelenukhin

https://yadi.sk/d/S0IFvShn3SFXm7
libinkview.so from 5.17 Firmware
Old 02-09-2018, 01:17 PM   #699
zelenukhin

The system\config\extensions file.cfg is not correct.
Here's the contents of the file on my book.

Code:
acsm:@ACSM_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_ACSM
app:@APP_file:4:start.app:ICON_APP
bmp:@BMP_image:2:picviewer.app:ICON_BMP
cgi:@HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
chm:@Z_HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_CHM
djv:@DJVU_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_DJVU
djvu:@DJVU_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_DJVU
doc:@DOC_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_DOC
docm:@DOC_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_DOC
docx:@DOC_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_DOCX
epub:@EPUB_file:1:cr3-pb.app,eink-reader.app:ICON_EPUB
fb2:@FB2_file:1:cr3-pb.app,eink-reader.app:ICON_FB2
file:@MENCA_file:1:menca_downloader.app:ICON_MENCA
hrss:@HTML_file:1:browser.app:ICON_HTM
htm:@HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app,browser.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app,browser.app:ICON_HTML
asp:@HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app,browser.app:ICON_HTM
jpeg:@JPEG_image:2:picviewer.app:ICON_JPG
jpg:@JPEG_image:2:picviewer.app:ICON_JPG
jsp:@HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
lndrm:@LNDRM_file:1:libronet_switcher.app:ICON_LNDRM
m3u:@M3U_file:1:audio_player.app:ICON_MP3
mht:@HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
mobi:@PRC_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_PRC
pbi:@APP_file:1:sysinstall.app:ICON_APP
pdb:@PRC_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_PRC
pdf:@PDF_file:1:eink-reader_with_rmsdk.app,eink-reader_with_pdfium.app:ICON_PDF
php:@HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
pl:@HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
pn:@PN_file:1:pb_file_handler:ICON_PN
png:@PNG_image:2:picviewer.app:ICON_PNG
prc:@PRC_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_PRC
rtf:@RTF_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_RTF
run:@APP_file:4:start.app:ICON_APP
tcr:@TCR_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_TCR
tif:@TIFF_image:2:picviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
tiff:@TIFF_image:2:picviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
txt:@Text_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_TXT
wlnk:@weblink:5:eink-reader.app:

Last edited by zelenukhin; 02-09-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:12 PM   #700
Kiruhdu
Enthusiast
Kiruhdu began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Book Touch Lux 4
Unhappy CSS-problem in CR3

Hi there

I have a little problem with CR3 on PB TL3. If I load an epub with e.g.

.dropcap {
float: left;
font-size: 3.9em;
line-height: 0.9em;
margin-right: 5pt;
margin-bottom: -0.1em;
font-style: normal;
font-family: "Dearest_outline.ttf";
font-weight: lighter;
color: #000000;
}

in the stylesheet, it shows already the initial in the specified font and size, but it doesn't flow left; instead it places the initial correct but just in the first line, second line is placed under the initial with a slightly bigger bottom gap.

In Sigil the above constrution works pretty well as it should - initial flows left of the first three lines and 4th line is placed under initial...
Same on installed AdobeReader on the PB TL3

Could anyone help to save this issue please?

Last edited by Kiruhdu; 02-09-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Kiruhdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #701
brucelee
Addict

v0.0.6-17-62:
Quote:
- Swipe vertically on the left side of the screen to control front light color
- Updated pb631fw5 skin - courtesy of dizone (4pda.ru) & zelenukhin
- Minor changes to the pb626fw5 skin
- Separated PB631 build and OTA update link
- Updated FreeType to v2.9
Old 02-12-2018, 11:26 AM   #702
brucelee
Addict

I've updated the SDK @ github to FW5.17.
Unfortunately it seems like it's not backwards compatible with FW5.14 so I'll continue building CR3 with an older version of the SDK.

I've compiled CR3 with the new SDK and it crashed with:
PHP Code:
/mnt/ext1/system/share/cr3/bin/cr3-pb.appsymbol lookup error: /mnt/ext1/system/share/cr3/bin/cr3-pb.appundefined symbol_device_keyboard 
Which is an issue from the system headers/libs.

To keep things simple for everyone, I've created 2 branches in github:
- 5.12 - which I'll continue using
- 5.17 - which is currently synced with master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiruhdu View Post
Could anyone help to save this issue please?
The CR3 renderer probably doesn't properly handle that particular CSS code. Unfortunately I don't intend to go into that.

EDIT: I've also added support for SDK 5.17 to the CR3 source code. There are some renamed defines which screw things up. For the moment this can be found in the dev branch only.

EDIT 2: Video showing how the vertical swiping looks (brightness + color): youtube
I kind of want that reader now ) Looks pretty good.

Last edited by brucelee; 02-13-2018 at 06:17 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #703
brucelee
Addict

v0.0.6-17-62.1:
Quote:
- Fix crash caused by missing libjpeg in the new PB Aqua FW4.4.1852
- Added SDK 5.17 compatibility
Old 02-14-2018, 10:24 PM   #704
soer1488
soer1488 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 630
Hello, dear Bruclee. Maybe it's worth adding page numbering at the bottom of the screen, and also adapting the creation of notes (quo
pocketbook 630 sence
soer1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:45 AM   #705
brucelee
Addict

These are already requested features that I doubt I'll work on. At least not too soon. Sorry.