Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #1
sasimako
sasimako began at the beginning.

Device: none
ebook android readers and usb host - otg support

Hello, this is my first post, i am looking for an ereader, android os etc.. and i want to add a usb smartcard reader. I am between some ereaders with android as described here, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254042

by which seems for me that boyee t62 is the best choice now.

The problem is that i cannot figure which devices have usb host function - otg support.
I contacted icarus and said that no otg support for icarus allumina.. which is a T61??

but somewhere else i found that boyuee t61 has otg support, and here

http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=245888

one member of forum sais something about otg support on boyuee t62..
i am confused as if no otg support, my android app i am writing now will be useless.. thank you in advance guys!
sasimako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:09 PM   #2
sasimako

nobody?

no info??
Advert
Old 02-17-2015, 05:34 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I believe that there is a dearth of drivers for Android itself so there are few that even have host support by itself much less OTG. It is even complicated to get Bluetooth support for any except the most basic devices. Even a GPS is much more complicated that it should be. I think you are ahead of the curve.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:12 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I believe that there is a dearth of drivers for Android itself so there are few that even have host support by itself much less OTG. It is even complicated to get Bluetooth support for any except the most basic devices. Even a GPS is much more complicated that it should be. I think you are ahead of the curve.

Dale
The T68 has Bluetooth support; I believe it's the only one of the generic eInk tablets which currently does.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:26 AM   #5
sasimako

i see, thank you guys for you responses!
Advert