Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
zoonzox
zoonzox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Unhappy Can't Access Kindle Touch Storage

Hi,
I decided to post here because I have spent days trying and searching for a solution to this problem to no avail.

I have a Kindle Touch and I use Calibre on Ubuntu 13.04 to manage it. The other day my kindle would only mount as read only, which after doing a little bit of searching, I figured out was because this is what a Linux OS does when the drive is corrupt. So I reset my kindle and it showed up as an unreadable, un-mountable file system.

I can still register my kindle, download books, etc through the kindle itself, but the file system is still unreadable. After reformatting the kindle to FAT32, all of my previously downloaded content disappears, Calibre recognizes it as a kindle, and I can transfer books over, but they won't show up on the kindle itself. After turning the kindle off and on again, the file system becomes unreadable just like before.

I have even tried using KUBRICK live CD to see if that will somehow fix his problem, but it hasn't. Through using KUBRICK, I believe my kindle is now Jailbroken.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have utilized as much of my techy knowledge up to this point and you guys are my only hope. Thanks in advance.

zoonzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
zoonzox

bump-
Advert
Old 10-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
You're probably going to get a better response in the Kindle Developer's Corner subforum.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
zoonzox

Thanks for the advice.

Tags
help!, kindle touch 3g, transfering books, usb storage