Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-13-2024, 03:56 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Which paperback version? To quote from a message I posted in the Crazy Page Lengths thread:

And for this I didn't even bother to include a couple of trade paperback versions of War and Peace. At one point, I looked at 14 editions all of which had wildly varying page counts. Even for a newer book such as Random in Death, the US and UK hardcover editions have different page counts.

For the most part, the pagelist refers to the hardcover edition which is identified by the ISBN in the ePub OPF document.
But for most people, they won't know what pBook version is used to get these page numbers as the info for the version is in the OPF and that's not something that can be seen unless you can get a look at the code. However, there could be multiple ISBN in the copyright page and the pBook ISBN would be the one the page numbers came from.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 03:57 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoim View Post
I understand there are different editions with different page count, having come from Kindle where page count is always static.

The reason I find page number important in Table of Content is I tend to calculate how much time I need to finish chapter.
Usually each 100 pages in a book takes me 3 hours to read.

Using the font size I tend to use, the Kobo number of pages I currently have , is close enough to most editions of the books I uploaded to my Kobo , so my 3 hours estimation should still be true.
You can set the header to show how many pages in the chapter. That would do without the need to add page numbers to the ToC.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote