Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur
caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony daily edition 950
Sony 950 vs Pocketbook 302 or any suggestion

Hi guys,

I have been looking around for a ereader and at first I have decided to get the Sony 950 but I just found out about the pocketbook 302 and I might consider it. However, it is not as well reviewed so I don't have all the information I need to make a decision.
Here are my requirements:
1- E-ink
2- touch screen but mat not glossy
3- borrowing to the public library
4- Multiple format for ebooks . Don't want to be tied to any specific format
5- Dictionary and translation dictionary (I really like the way you access the dictionaries with the sony 950)
6-pdf readability especially for scientific articles with landscape possibility
7- Wi-Fi could be nice but not essential

As I said the 950 pretty much has everything I need, except that I think the price is just prohibitive. So, does the pocketbook close to the sony? I would rather it had a bigger screen but I could deal with 6'.

Anybody who knows both devices please enlight me! Thanks!
caribbean_spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur
caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.

Nobody knows both devices?
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Have you considered the Sony 650? Except for wi-fi and the screen size the 650 is basically identical to the 950--and it is quite a bit cheaper than the 950.

I'm very happy with my 650--my husband has one as well. He uses the translation dictionaries on his 650 extensively and is very impressed with them. He also uses his 650 to view technical PDFs and is satisfied with that for the most part--it does do landscape well, and has quite a few zoom options.

I don't know anything about the pocketbook, so I can't comment on that.

Good luck with your decision!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:16 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbean_spur View Post
I just found out about the pocketbook 302 and I might consider it.
then you may also want to consider the PB603 - the first deliveries are imminent, so if you are not in a hurry you should see some reviews on the Pocketbook forum. Mind you, it is more expensive than the PB302, especially now that the latter is on sale, if you live in the US, and also reduced here if you live in Europe.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur

Thanks guys! Need to think about it. it's hard to make a decision!
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #6
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Here is a couple of PB302 reviews:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85838
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83364
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote