Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Upgrading to a MacBook Pro

I have had my reader (and used the sony software) for coming up on 2 years now. I am upgrading to a Macbook pro (arriving next week!) and I understanding the sony software now works on Macs.

Is there anything I need to know as I look at changing my homebase? All the books I've bought/downloaded through other retailers (such as smashwords) will still be on my netbook, I'm assuming...? Do I re-register my reader to the new computer? I'm just wondering how this all works, and I'm pretty darn tech-challenged (I get to know what I need to know, and I do that part well).

I'm assuming that calibre also works well on a mac? I have downloaded calibre twice and each time sort of given up on trying to use it. I know it can do wonderful and amazing things (I can read what's said on the boards!), but I have only really used it to change things to mobi format for my blackberry.

I'd appreciate input regarding the mac and the sony software! Just trying to prepare
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I have had my reader (and used the sony software) for coming up on 2 years now. I am upgrading to a Macbook pro (arriving next week!) and I understanding the sony software now works on Macs.

Is there anything I need to know as I look at changing my homebase? All the books I've bought/downloaded through other retailers (such as smashwords) will still be on my netbook, I'm assuming...? Do I re-register my reader to the new computer? I'm just wondering how this all works, and I'm pretty darn tech-challenged (I get to know what I need to know, and I do that part well).

I'm assuming that calibre also works well on a mac? I have downloaded calibre twice and each time sort of given up on trying to use it. I know it can do wonderful and amazing things (I can read what's said on the boards!), but I have only really used it to change things to mobi format for my blackberry.

I'd appreciate input regarding the mac and the sony software! Just trying to prepare
Your e-reader should be fine on the Mac.

I am not a user of the Sony software, but the first time I switched my e-reader from my PC to my MacBook I registered it with both the Sony software and ADE.

I then downloaded Calibre and set the Sony software not to automatically start up when I connect the e-reader.

I also copied over all of my books from my PC to my Mac and loaded them in to Calibre.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert