Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
prodygi
prodygi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
New Guy Here

Hey everybody! I got a Sony Reader PRS-505 for christmas this year and, man, am I happy with it! I actually bought it for myself. But, before I bought it I had never seen one except the pictures on the internet. I was worried about spending that much money on it and it being weird to read, or not being able to find books for it, things like that. I'm a BIG reader, I read about all categorys of books (except Romance, and that's because I haven't found one I like yet; I don't like Westerns too much either) and I read a lot. I would rather read a good book than watch TV any day!

I must say, I am extremely happy with my reader. I bought a 2GB SD card and I've used about half the available memory on the Reader, and probably only 5%, if that much, on the SD card and already have 405 books on it! That is amazing to me. I went to the free classics at the Google Books section of the Reader Store and downloaded everything I could think of! Just went to town.

But hey, it's nice to find a pretty good site like this and I hope to have a good time here.

If anybody knows of any good places to get books from (I don't have much money so I'm always looking for the free ones!), or suggestions and recomendations for good books, by all means, please let me know!

OK, thanks and goodbye for now!
prodygi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR! Glad you're liking your Sony
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, prodygi.

Start here for free books. Look above, see the "ebooks" tab? Over 14,000 so far, hand formatted by our own members, and I'll bet if you compare a book downloaded from here to one from google, you'll prefer the one from here.

also, check out your local library to see if they have a decent collection of ebooks in epub or pdf format. Your sony can read both, and you just download to your computer, then side load to your sony.

enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome! check the wiki: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Free_eBooks

and lots of links in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67492
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
Vector
Senile Delinquent
Vector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enough

Device: several
Welcome.

A good site to locate ebooks, including free ones, is http://inkmesh.com/
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Welcome to MobileRead!

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi prodygi and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Welcome, prodygi! The prs-505 is an excellent device, I'm sure you'll spend endless happy hours reading on it. Make use of your local library if it supports ebooks, and be sure to check mobileread's beautifully formatted free ebooks too!
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
supperwood001
Banned
supperwood001 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G
Hi, everybody I'm new to this place, Very happy to join MR.
supperwood001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by supperwood001 View Post
Hi, everybody I'm new to this place, Very happy to join MR.
Welcome to MobileRead, supperwood.

You might want to start your own new thread.

Just click the "new thread" link........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote